GH: Genie Francis on her GH status

• Members

I never really minded Henry. He at least entertained me. I preferred him when he wasn't up Katie's colon, as she had enough men chasing after her whiny, self-righteous prom queen ass. 

I skipped most of Janet's scenes in the last year so she didn't bother me that much. Then again I didn't really enjoy most of ATWT past 1995 so I didn't have any real expectation.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wondered that too but I left it alone. I just thought Henry was always a waste, who should've left back in 01/02--whenever the Endicott award arc ended. Barbara needed a strong, stalwart man by her side. Not a limp noodle like Henry.

Like Lisa, I wish that they would've cast a new man for Babs. Randolph Mantooth (despite him playing Hal for awhile), James Kiberd (despite him playing Hal for a sec too), Larkin Malloy, Danny Parlato, etc. All of strong actors in CZ's age range could've played a suitable new mate for Babs.

• Members

Larkin Malloy was not all that strong and stalwart by the time he popped up on ATWT in that era. 

To me Barbara was never really about the man and more about her own complex personality. I actually only liked her with one man in her whole run on the show. She had a lot of bad pairings. With that said, I was mostly just glad she had something to do that wasn't about her hammy shitstain of a son, and I didn't mind Henry, so it was OK with me. I did hate what they did with Vienna.

Sorry - this has gone way off topic. I guess it sort of sums up my interest in Laura, to be honest. I will stop now.

• Members

I didnt mind any of Barbara's pairing minus Henry. And yes they totally ruined the Vienna character…I think she was one of a few that I actually liked that was new to the canvas. She was much more appealing than that awful Juicy Janet.

And I was thinking the same thing…we have gotten way off topic…sorry Toups.:D

Archived