GH: Genie Francis on her GH status

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jean did a pretty good job writing for Lucinda and Barbara in ATWT's last year. It was the main reason I even watched the last year. 

I don't know if that will apply to Laura, but then, Laura has been poorly written, and not all that well-acted, since about 1998.

• Members

I could see why people wouldn't like Barbara and Henry, but she was written as a romantic heroine still with a bit of humor and edge. It was the Barbara I remembered, rather than the horrors that Sheffer had inflicted on the character.

Lucinda reverted back to the desperate schemer she had been in the Marland years, manipulating situations left and right (Holden/Molly, Craig and his boring ass long-lost son). The writing wasn't as good as Marland, obviously, and it had to end with her "seeing the light," but I still enjoyed it. That was the Lucinda I'd loved so much before she became a stylish grandmother and not a ton else.

• Members

Has Laura ever had a genuine romance outside of Luke and Scotty (relationships that began 40 years ago, mind you. And I guess we can count whatever that was with Stefan)? How depressing. Good for Genie, she's a great actress and Laura is a pretty "clean" character, she's done some morally questionable things but she's essentially a good person that tries hard to do the right thing (of course I haven't watched GH in years so maybe she's [!@#$%^&*] Lulu's husbandcc. Soaps used to be have their foundations built on characters like her.

• Members

I couldn't stand Barbara and Henry together. They were an awful pairing and the James stuff was just ridiculous. I know that CZ enjoyed the pairing with Henry and said she didnt really care for her pairing with Gunnar. 

As for Lucinda….I also had forgotten about her last year….it was so dreadful the show that I blocked a lot of the last year out…..the whole Craig have a son named Gabriel…who I don't recall at all either was just dumb…...

All I really remember from Jean's last year was Juicy Janet…ugh…….

• Members

Beside Hal and James, Gunnar was her best pairing. But I didn't care for Henry as a character at all. The only time he seemed somewhat interesting was when they were entertaining pairing him with Bonnie, who was a rival of Vienna. But once that was squashed, Henry went back to being worthless. And his obsession with Katie made me hate him even more. Maddie was the only Coleman I cared for. 

Exactly. All I remember is Janet being married to Jack and then boning Dusty resulting in Lorenzo. Part of me was happy b/c Dusty finally had his own child, so maybe he wouldn't obsess over Craig's anymore. Janet just ate up the show the last couple of years, but it made sense when Jean said in an SOD interview that she modeled the Ciccones after her family and Janet was modeled after her. 

• Members

The only time I liked Henry was during his pairing with Vienna…besides that he was just one useless character who was Katie's gay friend/pal…..I remember at the time everyone wondering why Henry didnt have a male pairing…..

Archived