GH: November 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

U can't compare soaps in 80s to now. Much bigger genre and huge budgets.what worked then wouldn't work today. U need a more budget conscious more modern approach to storytelling. They are using a innovated blueprint of taking soaps to 2020. Jean is more classic but Shelly what a gem she loves modern new age writing. It's the east meets the west in this writing duo. It feels fresh modern and current and not dated or stale.

• Members

I may not always like her characters, but Laura Wright is a born survivor on three different soaps plus GH and gives it 1000% every time. I respect her drive and dedication and think for the most part she has been a good Carly. If it was up to me it'd be Sarah Brown, but whenever people say some new character has arrived and "Laura Wright better watch out!" I laugh. She's playing Carly and she's Laura Wright, no one is taking her out.

• Members

I actually am loving Laura in the role now. She has had the best year and 10 years is great. I loved Sarah but that was so long ago 15 years ago she left the role and Tamara over 10. Only way Laura would leave GH if JFP stole her at YR for a new role. Jill loves her but Laura is a loyal girl I don't see her jumping ship. She has two years left on her contract. I think a cute story is when Laura started on daytime she was roommates with Kelly Ripa they were best friends. Even as busy and famous as Kelly is now they stlll remain in touch.

• Members

I grew to like Laura as Carly under Garin Wolfe, one of the few things he did right, but as a Sonny apologist she's absolutely insufferable. Laura has the tendency to go quite shrill in her delivery. Not to mention her Carly has the least amount of chemistry with Mo out of Tamara and Sarah as shown when they had the little 3 Carly day, I think it was last year.

• Members

LW plays Carly like the most popular mean girl in school. Carly, initially, was a social outsider and the girl from the wrong side of the tracks. You don't get that with LW - you didn't get it that much with Tamara Braun either (but she had more of it in her interpretation than LW does). 

I get that characters evolve over time, but very little of Carly's history and depth as a character is present in LW's version to me, it may as well be a completely different character. 

Archived