Y&R Actor Axed

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

David Tom was awful when he returned. No sex appeal or charisma. I love Jason Thompson he is sexy and a great actor. He was very popular on GH. Jill never forgets her buddies she discovered Jason and sge went after him hard. I am sure Jason is making more money.

• Members

After the DT debacle, it became clear that AH has something along the lines of HK (but far bigger) that gives her disproportionate power and leverage on Y&R. David Tom did the best he could. ITA that they didn't give the MCE pairing the time it deserved. And, guess what? Bacteria is NOT the end game for most of us. BJ eventually grew on me - mainly these past couple of months. Honestly, I do hope those 'plastic' surgery rumors are false - enough! (Plus, the audience is used to Billy recasts - aren't we on #6 actor now (7th adult casting since Tom counts for two)? I just rather have them get BM back and put an end to it. 

• Members

Y&R needs to rest the character as they don't know what they're doing with it and haven't known in quite some time.  You cannot cast a character when you don't know the character.  You can't rely and an actor to provide the character, the actor portrays the character.  A character should be built on revelation through story, not by an actor's grinning, shuckin' and jivin' or any number of acting tics and machinations that I've seen on this show over the last eight years.

It seems as though Y&R has forgotten how to write and develop a character who is not a Newman by birth, so just rest the character for awhile until they figure out how to write Billy because they haven't done a good job writing anything that didn't involved Billy falling into the gutter in a very long time.

• Members

Same.

I realize Billy is an Abbott and Jill's son, but I'm beginning to think it would be best for everyone just to call it a day with this character.  Either kill him off or send him away to the Sandy Horton Home for Unworkable Soap Opera Characters.

• Members

He has actually grown on me.  I think he physically looks like he could be Peter Bergman's brother.  I also don't think he would have looked so old to people if he hadn't replaced David Tom, who looks years younger than his age.  JT is a good actor and nice to look at, but no way should he be cast as Billy.  

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

You're the same one that sits on here on repeat claiming that Jean writes 'smart TV' when an actual smart person knows that Jean hasn't produced an ounce of smart TV in her life. 

I agree. He would've been better cast as anyone BUT Billy. Cole would've been the better choice as he would've been in Snoreboria's orbit. 

Archived