What They Did and What They Should Have Done...Casting Miss-haps

• Members

You are so right. MPK had so much popularity with TEG and chemistry.   I always thought Miller was too big for the Sally role. After her years as Nina on ABC, she deserved a stronger storyline.   The LeSoleil story she ended up in was a flop.  PS was totally not Donna...she should have played Nicole, Laurie Landry didn't fit the role.  As for Rhonda Lewin as Vicky, the less said, the better!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ATWT as they had so many people pass through the halls in the final years of the show that could've easily been cast as someone more prominent to the canvas. 

Eric William Morris, who played Casey's friend, Matt O'Connor, should've been Matthew John (MJ) Dixon, Margo's brother/John's son. He had so much chemistry with Casey and Allison, they should've kept him long-term. He would've had ties with Margo and Dusty on the show. It would've somewhat reestablished the missing Dixon clan in the last few years of the show. 

Wally Kurth. There were endless characters that they could've had Wally play instead of that weird ass Sam Hutchins. But think he would've easily fit in as a Snyder--either a recast Seth or Caleb Snyder. They squander that quickly. Sucks because he had good chemistry with Maura West. They should've capitalized on it. 

Lynn Herring could've easily been a Carol Demming or Natalie Bannon--one of Tom Hughes' ex wives. I never found the need for Henry's mother. Especially when she added nothing. At least with the presence of Carol or Natalie, it would've given Tom and Margo something to do. Her talents were wasted. 

Evan Alex Cole should've been Gregory or Lowell Ward. Emily didn't need another seed and if they wanted another Stewart then there you go. 

Julie Pinson. I know some old school ATWT might bop me, but I would've accepted her as an Ellie Snyder recast. Anything would've been better than that poor man's Martha Stewart knockoff, Janet Ciccone. Ugh. 

I just wanted legacy character back more than some random person in the last 4-5 years of the show's run. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Going way back, remember when they cast William Fichtner as Lily's father? WF was a fine actor (as his career post-ATWT attests), but he was WAY too young for this role. I could never get past the age issue every time he appeared on screen.

Archived