B&B: Jacqueline MacInnes Wood interview

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So now Ivy turns poisonous, which I've been predicting since immigration S/L. But that is even more bizarre because she loved Aly! The way The Vine has been positioned is someone of solid character and morals (no wonder Aly loved her) and she'd use her cousin/friends death to become a model? As I mentioned on B&B board, I'm not sure how a show that has been on fire with only two minor blips (Rick being Dick and Brooke's booze) for nine months, can fall so fast in less than 10 episodes. I'm glad it's off DVR, except for Raya wedding, and reading dailies. 

• Members

You can tell JMW isn't buying any of this story at all, especially Ivy's random personality change.

Blackmailing her way into a lead modelling job?! That's not the Ivy I've been watching for the last year. I can't remember the last time a character did such a 180 in such a short space of time. Ivy hasn't even shown any real interest in being a model. Even that stint she did in Amsterdam didn't really light any modelling fires for her.

I'll echo Edge: I don't get how B&B has fallen so fast so quickly?

• Members

When did all the character decide that being a 'model' is it? Nicole, Zende (haha) and, now, Ivy? Seriously, the only character/actor that could pull off being "in the business" and model was KM as Hope. OK, JMW definitely could, but that's not the point. This really hurts the credibility of The Vine character as someone who was creative, but also business savvy. I guess intelligent women have no chance - look at what happened to Brooke - educated chemist turned into Brooke's Bedroom. Just yuk.  

The more I think about it, I wonder if "Aly" was really channeling Brad's self-hate at what he does to female characters.

• Members

That last point could easily be accurate. 

It's so easy to forget that Brooke has any education at all. I actually think there's room to blend both Brooke the chemist and Brooke's Bedroom due to the nature of the character, but they've dumbed her down so much over the years, making her nothing more than a sex object. However, it doesn't work with Ivy; she's a jewellery designer and a business woman (like Quinn), who has never shown any inclination that she likes being photographed or treated like a human mannequin. It's such a come down for the character. I'd also add Taylor to the list, too. From a professional psychiatrist to a professional drunk, who seduced Rick (such a Brooke thing to do).

Archived