Buzzr TV - Classic Game Shows

applcin

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Soapsuds, I just checked on youtube. They have episodes of both shows!

Watching Anne & Jerry tell these little personal stories is sweet.

As for the P & G hope...that article I posted mentioned how there are now more buyers out there willing to pay the licensing fees for shows that have been kept in the vault by various companies and studios, so maybe P & G (like Warner Bros.) will see that there's potential money to be made. I remember when Me-TV got the rights to Gilligan's Island, folks on the FB page were surprised because Warner Bros. was historically tightfisted with their properties. Maybe some classic tv exec will get it into their head someday to go court P & G. wink.png We need someone like the folks at Retro who persevered for The Doctors.

• Members

Just curious...what over-the-air subchannels do you guys get?

I'm in NYC so I get Antenna TV, Cozi, Me-TV, Justice TV, Buzzr, Laff, Grit, Escape, Decades, ThisTV, GetTV, Movies!, Bounce.

Retro TV is supposedly available in NY but it's on a low power station so I don't get it.

• Members

When I was near the Orlando market in Florida, I could get ME-TV (but it was low power and I needed a bigger antenna apparently), Cozi TV, Antenna TV, Buzzr, Laff, Grit, Escape, ThisTV, GetTV, Movies! and Bounce. I feel like I'm forgetting one but I could get most of them. Now I'm not in that market and not many are available. I was surprised Buzzr and Laff were added and now I'm disappointed I can't get them, yet. I don't know if Decades is available or not, not that I can tell just yet. I mean, honestly, who needs cable when you could watch all of those and then watch anything you want on the internet? I went several years without cable or a DVR and I survived. Happily, I might add, lol.

Now I'm where I'm able to watch DirecTV again, so no antenna anymore. I do believe I can more easily pick up ME-TV here though. Not sure on the others, haven't checked.

• Members

Again, watching Jerry Stiller saying some of the sweet things he says about Anne during Tattletales, it's really touching. He obviously adored her.

Okay, I was wondering when I'd see William Shatner and Marcy Lafferty and they're on, lol. I remember seeing her on tv with him a fair amount, including the Promise commercials. tongue.png

• Members

I'm in the New Orleans market (also some Baton Rouge stations), and through cable, I have Antenna, MeTV, This, GRIT, and Bounce. There are others, but I don't think they're relevant to this conversation. Bounce used to be Retro until a few years ago.

I'm playing around with the TVGuide app to see what other markets have. It angers me that The Doctors is listed as the current British soap "Doctors," complete with a picture from that show and other information. They don't give enough of acdamn to actually put the right show in the listings.

Archived