GH: April 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's always had a mixed opinion here - there was a lot of hype for a while that he and KT were better than the rest of the young cast (this mostly stopped with KT around the time of that awful "catfight" with Liz where she spent the whole time wheezing like Brenda Vacarro). I'd guess some of it is from the idea that he was superior to Chad Duell, and then the time that he and Ava were supposed to be GH's new supercouple (if they managed to make a facial expression between them).

I can see why people think he's an OK actor or feel like he's not a bad part of the show - it's the idea from DC places that he is THE future of GH and that if he were in a better story GH would be just like Empire...that I don't get.

I do think his silly behavior on social media should be belittled regardless of talent level.

• Members

I think Jamey Giddens just gets very hyped in the moment about the ideas that bounce around his head, and instantly relates them back to a pop culture hot topic of the moment - Morgan is an angry son, it's just like Empire! But no, he was never some towering talent. I'd keep him around, I think he has charisma and I think he has certain stuff he's good at, and with good writing and some more discipline he can do well.

We forget that so many GH stars, going back all the way to Tony and Genie when they started and going down to everyone from Vanessa to Maurice and so on, did not come out of the gate as master thespians; so many of daytime's best (or its stars) were made, by producers with a firm hand, by co-stars, by training and time and investment in raw talent. Which is not to say that Bryan Craig is any of those people, he's not going to ever be them, IMO. But he has something that can do well with proper development. Unfortunately, very little good writing or discipline is on display at GH and I think he may well be quickly replaced. And it's at least partly his own fault with his own stupid behavior.

Also, I'm sorry, but those webcam chats with people paying him money for time - I don't need to get into what that resembles.

• Members

My god this show and the Luke story is a hot mess. They said that Luke would be overcome with anger which is why he would leave town and associate with villians but in the very same episode they said this stuff didnt start till he was exposed to electro shock treatment at Miscavage last year

Archived