Characters we'll likely never see again

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sure Bill B wouldn't be with the Jill parentage rewrite.He never did that sort of story in all his years of writing.

Interesting to speculate whether he would have dropped Newmans and Abbotts.

With the Foster and Brooks he had 2 leading players departing - Hasselhoff and Jamie Lyn Bauer.He tried to keep Victoria Mallory/Lynne Topping around and recast Greg again as well as keeping Liz/Stu in the mix but I think with all the changes the hour format brought in and the success of the Abbotts he decided to cut his losses and move on.So the Fosters and Brooks were really only there for max 10 years.

The Williams were actually the new core family in 1980,long before the Abbotts,But he dropped Steve and then Patty and never brought on Todd as well as reducing the importance of Carl/Mary.

With the Newmans and Abbotts,he was pepared to recast (Ashley/Jack) but dropped Traci pretty much and also wrote off John at one point.

Had Braeden or MTS decided to leave maybe he would have dropped the Newmans.He also had children to SORAS (Nick Victoria)to keep the family central.

Bill Bell never had to face the challenge of writing his characters for the length of time that they currently have been on the canvas.

• Members

I don't wanna ever say "Never" but......

Y&R:

Brooks/Fosters/Prentiss

Julia Newman

Leanna Love

Casey Reed

Mari Jo Mason

Cole Howard

Chase Benson

Patty Williams (or Mary Jane whatever)

Carl Williams (assuming he's still alive offscreen)

Gina Roma

Keemo Volien

Tricia Dennison

Megan Dennison

John Silva

Lynne Bassett

J.T Hellstrom

Brittany Hodges

MacKenzie Browning

Mamie Johnson

April Stevens

Heather Stevens

Amber Moore

Genieveve Atkinson (hopefully will never come back)

Jim Grainger (again if he's alive)

Scotty Grainger (still hoping he will be brought back at some point)

Murphy (most likely will be brought back for another Katherine memorial)

Olivia Winters (really hoping we haven't seen the last of her and she will be back someday....)

Malcolm Winters (I guess Shemar will be back for some guests spots)

Drucilla Winters (I know I have false hope but again I pray that during whatever time Y&R has left in the distant future VR/Dru will be back...)

B&B:

Thomas Forrester

Owen Knight

Bridget Forrester

Amber Moore

Jackie Marone

Massimo Marone

Margo Lynley

Clarke Garrison

C.J Garrison

Jack McClaine

Danielle

I also sadly think that though she's been gone for years after Stephanie died they stopped making references to Sally being alive offscreen.... :(

as for both Y&R/B&B:I admit that I can't see Sheila/Kimberlin returning anytime soon but I'm still hoping she will at some point...most likely to B&B....

DOOL: (based on what it's been like since the last time I really watched it everyday, like 2007ish...)

Brandon Walker

Rex Dimera

Cassie Dimera

Jan Spears

Mimi Lockhart

Mia McCormick

Tony/Andre Dimera
Tekk Kramer

Patrick Lockhart

Bonnie Lockhart

Greta Von Amberg

• Members

Oh, yes!!!! Thank you! I did see that, but I had forgotten about his presence at the anniversary.

Nina Laemmle was a DREADFUL choice for headwriter. I remember her being quoted as saying that DAYS had become "dull and repetitious," before her arrival, but her own material was worse than anything than had ever been seen on the show. UGH.

• Members

And a few years after Tommy's last appearance,TPTB decided to resurrect Sandy Horton who would have been unknown to much of the audience. Maybe having Tommy there for a few appearances would have been a good way to bridge old and new Days. I'm sure John Lupton would have agreed as he made sporadic appearances throughout the 70's.

• Members

Audrey Hardy

Tom Hardy Jr.

Tommy Hardy

Gail Baldwin

Lee Baldwin

Simone Hardy

Frisco Jones
Blackie Parrish

Dillon Quartermaine Hornsby

Kristina Corinthos

Mike Corbin

Hopefully....Starr Manning, John McBain, Todd Manning

Anthony Zacchara

Bo Brady

Jack Devereaux

Carrie Brady

Tommy Horton

Sandy Horton

Brandon Walker

(please)Taylor Walker

Steve Johnson

Andrew Donovan

Stephanie Johnson

Mac Hellstrom

JT Hellstrom

Brittany Marsino

Raul Gutierrez

Rianna Miner

the Real Victoria Newman

The real Billy Abbott(DT)

sad.png Brock Reynolds

the Phillips (III & IV) Chancellor

Harmony Yolanda Hamilton

Olivia Winters

Nate Winters

Drucilla Winters

Please...Patty Abbott...

tongue.pngtongue.png Michael Muhneytongue.pngtongue.png

Thomas Forrester

Zende Forrester

• Members

Y&R

Mac Browning

Phillip III

Phillip IV

Nina, unless it's for a Kay memorial

Nor anyone else connected to Jill and Kay's long standing rivalry

Mamie Johnson

Drucilla Barber is NEVER coming back unless it's a recast and that is highly improbable

Nate Hastings unless they decide to bring him back as a foil for Devon. Improbable though.

Olivia Barber will come back to round out black faces at a Winters' event like a big wedding or something.

B&B

Jackie Marone

Nick Marone

Massimo Marone

Thomas Forrester

Bridgette Forrester

Zende Forrester, just think, they've created original characters Marcus and Carter instead of using the show's history.

• Members

DAYS

Peter Blake

I'm suprised to see some of the DAYS names in this thread, like Steve, Tony, Carrie, Jack and Bo. Some of them will probably not be brought back under these head writers, but to say never? I don't get it.

As for Tommy Horton, I could have sworn he was mentioned as dead in 2007.

• Members

The sad thing about long ago characters being brought back is if it's been way too many years, the audience has grown by that point and newer viewers have no idea who they are and would complain.

That's one thing I like about the people here at SON, they care about knowing their shows histories, characters etc......most people on other forums only care about todays happenings.

• Members

I don't remember that Tommy mention at all. Do you remember the context?

I think we'll see Carrie for the 50th anniversary. Bo will be back onscreen at some point, I'm willing to bet. Tony, probably not, only because they definitively killed both him and Andre. Steve, who knows -- I don't even understand what the issue is there. I actually wouldn't be shocked to get a ghostly Jack appearance for either the 50th or the finale, either.

Archived