FANT4STIC: Fantastic Four Reboot

Cheap21

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm so sick of reboots of comic films that occurred not too long ago. Plus, I am comic book purist. I hate when they don't stick to the canon. Just like soaps. I appreciate them casting Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm/Human Torch but seriously.... How are we going to explain him and Sue being siblings?

Are they going to going with the whole he was adopted thing? :rolleyes:

Michael B. Jordan could've/should've been cast as one of the many black Marvel superheroes: Cloak, Falcon, Black Panther, Nick Morales [the new age Spiderman], Bishop, Brother Voodoo....

• Members

I love The FF. They and the Hulk were my favorite Marvel books when I was a kid. I am hoping this movie erases the travesty of the last two but I just don't know that I like this casting. Reed isn't as young as the rest and this guy looks all wrong, Johnny and Sue are supposed to be brother and sister and this new spin on Johnny requires an explanation. I still can't believe Johnny is now black. As a matter of fact they are all supposed to be older than Johnny. Where is their space ship? They could have been the first humans to Mars or something as an explanation. Dr Doom's last name is all wrong. His name is Von Doom, not Domashev.

• Members

I think adoption is the only route they can go. I remember when rumors of him joining came out, people were coming up with hte most ridiculous explanations. One I read was that black people can look white and they used Wentworth Miller to back up that theory. I was like

tumblr_n52q21JT7T1ry4q0lo1_400.gif

Marvel has absolutely nothing to do with this film

• Members

tumblr_ml3zjyGk2f1s2kzvmo1_500.gif

Yeah this is all FOX. Not Marvel.

I can't support FOX's interpretation of Marvel b/c they suck. Look at how they've done my beloved X-Men. And now they are almost thisclose to an X-Men series.... *shudders*

Only time FOX did Marvel right was when they showed the cartoons on their Saturday morning lineup. That's about it.

*sighs in remembrance of my childhood*

• Members

It looks great but I bet money the story is going to be sh*t. They should've just left F4 alone as it was done well enough with Ioan, Jessica, Michael, and Chris back in the mid '00s. But I guess since Disney/Marvel won't let them get their hands on other Marvel Universe characters, they prefer to just suck the lives out the ones they can get their hands on.

• Members

I'm not a big fan of the MCU either. Or most Marvel these days. It's all about degrading women and generic white male antiheroes with brooding one-liners.

I should support this more, as the casting is a little different, but this trailer sums up some of the worst of the genre.

At least I know I'm not the only one who enjoyed the 00's movies. People acted like those movies killed endangered species. Taking the Fantastic Four too seriously, as many have done over the years, is one of the reasons that team has become so irrelevant compared to the Stan Lee era.

• Members

They have to do the film. I think the way the license works that if a certain amount of time lapses with no film, then the rights automatically go back to Marvel. Given big bucks have been paid, will put out a film, even if they know it sucks, just to extend their lease on the property. Although I read that Fox wants to develop an Xmen tv series and they need Marvel's approval. People are speculating that they may try and barter to get the FF back

• Members

So agree with all that you said.

I enjoyed the original Spiderman [with Tobey Maguire] and the first X-Men. Their sequels though were crap.

The second one OK. It wasn't that bad. I've seen worse.

I will ONLY like the X-Men series if they do it from the start with Jean, Scott, Hank, Bobby, and Warren and then go from there and actually use the comics to stick to the canon. And that they stick to the canon by casting an African girl [preferably dark-skinned] to play Storm when they get to her. Otherwise, I hope Marvel declines.

:P

Archived