Sony Leaks thread

alphanguy74

• Members

What I find funny about this whole ordeal is that most Americans are actually relishing and enjoying the hackers spilling all this tea. I know I am. Carry on, hackers (IMO). I hope they expose all these studios and their executives, so this'll ignite talks about how shady and backwoods Hollywood really can be. It's time that Hollywood changes with the times as well, and what better way to do it than to be exposed and fear they might be losing money from scandals.

But I am worried about the X-Mas present the hackers are supposedly dropping. It must be something big....

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I'm kind of torn. Obviously I feel for the people who had their personal info stolen. I mean, damn, if your employer can't or won't keep your data safe then what place is possibly safe? But it's been enlightening to see how things work (or don't) behind the scenes and it's been good to see some of nastiness and ignorance dragged out into the light.

I was reading an article about how Sony wanted Idris Elba as the new Bond and I thought, "Why would anybody want to work on a Sony project now knowing full well it might never be seen and all your personal business could be thrown in the street on top of it?"

• Members
Sony Will Stream 'The Interview' for $5.99 Starting Today

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sony-says-it-will-stream-interview-starting-today-n274401

Sony had already allowed theaters to show the movie beginning on Thursday. By Wednesday afternoon, it was renting for $5.99 on Google Play, YouTube and Microsoft Xbox, and through a dedicated website.

• Members

Speaking of Idris:

http://www.tmz.com/2014/12/24/rush-limbaugh-james-bond-idris-alba-sony-hack/

How did you feel about what Rush said? IMO, this is what partially pisses me off about 'white Hollywood." It's OK for them to slap white actors in roles for diverse actors [e.g. Jesus Christ], but a black man cannot play Bond? :rolleyes:

This is why I hope the hackers expose ALL the movie studios and network TV execs e-mails. I want Hollywood to drop to their knees going into 2015.

• Members

Considering James Bond is an English character, and the black population of England is 2%... it was half that when Bond was created... it's one hell of a stretch to have Bond played by a black actor. The role of Jesus is a different matter, because we don't actually KNOW how light or dark he was. If this were to come about, it would be laughed at and panned every bit as much as dropping Will Smith into the role of James West was.

• Members

It's not the same as Wild Wild West - for one, it was a terrible movie, and for another, the show was very stylized and James West was built around one certain actor (Robert Conrad). Bond has been recast multiple times. Idris Elba also has far more gravitas than Will Smith.

A lot of people use Bond as their avatar because he represents a world they miss - the supremacy of the straight white man, boozing and smoking all the day long, good guys and bad guys easy to find, women there to spread legs and if they don't, they get a good slap or punch in the face until they learn their place.

I don't blame Elba for not going anywhere near this type of role. I can't imagine the racist psycho hate he and his family would get.

Archived