Sony Leaks thread

alphanguy74

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nancy Lee Grahn @NancyLeeGrahn · 6h 6 hours ago

While holding Hollywood accountable 4 arrogance, I find it inexcusable that hackers threaten livelihood or wellbeing of anyone or anything

0 replies 13 retweets 45 favorites

A consequence is something elite "Hollywood" is not used to.

0 replies 4 retweets 29 favorites

While nothing justifies what's happened, cogent thinking and not Hollywood bullshit should've prevailed. Hollywood on knees is a good thing.

0 replies 1 retweet 13 favorites

Sony gave Seth Rogan's Jr high humor carte blanche to write about a real life despot with a nuclear weapon. Some things r just not funny.

0 replies 8 retweets 39 favorites

Sony should air crappy movie 4 free all around world on TV. Suck up loss 4 a lousy movie idea & screw N korea. Movie would've bombed anyway

0 replies 13 retweets 50 favorites

What happened 2 Hollywood as result of #sonyhackers is horrible. More horrible's worlds obsession with Hollywood making it seem impenetrable

• Members

I kind of agree with NLG. I feel like a lot of people are demanding that other people take risks. The threats were against the theaters so the people who would really be taking on the risk are the underpaid ticket takers and concession workers. Why should somebody making minimum wage put their lives on the line for Sony?

• Members

I agree as well. Not to mention all the innocent theater goers, nobody needs to take that kind of risk so SONY can make a crapload of bank. Why don't they just take the movie direct to DVD? North Korea would have no way of knowing who rents a movie, after all. After all this buzz, it would probably be one of the biggest rentals of all time, and a bunch of poeple would purchase as well.

• Members

I feel like a lot of people aren't looking at the bigger picture (I'm looking at you Robe Lowe). Let's same some state sponsored terrorist actually manages to blow up a theater. That's an act of war on American soil. We wouldn't even have the option of pretending we don't know who did it. So we're going to war with another nuclear power over a movie I'd pay $10 not to see. I wonder if Sony even made this decision or if they got a kindly call from the government "asking" them to cease and desist.

• Members

For people who've ever questioned how narrow-minded entertainment execs could be when it comes to diversity, apparently not even Denzel Washington is good enough for some.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1687244/denze-washington-blacklisted-sony-email/

For all the hysteria around The Interview, IMO, this is the kind of stuff that will tarnish Sony's brand in the long term.

• Members

Interesting, although it seemed to me that the Sony execs are the ones who backed him, while some producer is taking issue with him. Plus that is one hell of a misleading headline. He obviously isn't being blackballed, since Sony is potentially going ahead with the second installment of The Equalizer. What surprised me in all of this is that "overseas" is more racist against a black lead than the domestic market. If true, I had no idea.

• Members

Agreed on the headline. Obviously click bait. Of course I'm incapable of not clicking on something with the name Denzel Washington in it and I'm not ashamed to say it. laugh.png

I took it more as that producer projecting his own prejudice on the rest of the world. I think that's the issue with a lot of executives. They can't imagine a world where people don't have exactly the same mindset. I can think of a number of instances in TV and movies where I think that TPTB are just stuck in the past. A non-Sony related example would be what happened to the Fox show Sleepy Hollow. The new showrunner simply can't seem to accept that the audience showed up for Abbie/Nicole Beharie and not Katrina/Katia Winter and his inability to do that has killed the ratings.

Archived