Days: A Salem Surprise

• Members
That's the only plus but I still don't think they're over. I just don't buy it. I won't until Daniel is off my screen forever. LOL. Jennifer is loads better without that douche hanging on her back. But who would they pair her with? Not that she needs to be in a pairing but is she going to just mother her children? That's boring. They COULD bring on Frankie, considering Eve is back on the show. Of course if Jack weren't dead and had been around this entire time .... sigh.

And with knowing about her coming on for how long now I totally forgot about Archer joining DAYS until the interviews and threads started popping up LOL

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, great storytelling when they're already pushing 'girl fights' - that is so unattractive and uninteresting - especially with women well into their 30s. C'mon - there's nothing better than a clever ORAL beat-down - resorting to slapping/hair pulling - that was tired when Dynasty did it in the early 1980s. The fact that it is the HIGHLIGHT of the story should make people very wary

• Members
I don't mind a good cat fight to be honest. It's how a show handles it. If it's built up over time and leading to a huge face off that leads to women getting physical, I'm OK with it. Women are allowed to get into a fist fight or a slap fight. Should they be above it? Of course anyone should be above getting physical. Especially over a man. It's just a matter of how it's handled. But them just getting into a cat fight for basically no reason? Yeah, it serves little purpose. IMO it's so they can make Nicole look bad and Serena look like a victim. Sad how I can already see that writing on the wall, isn't it?

I mean, let's not act like we don't see fans loving the Housewives slapping each other, throwing drinks, tossing tables, talking crap about each other, etc. That's even worse, IMO because it's real life.

• Members

You're right - it's a quick way to make Nicole look bad. It sounds like it's going to happen sooner than later, which takes away impact. If they've been jockeying and sparring for months - see Nicole/Kristen, then it's not forced. Like I said, if the fight is the only thing to highlight for ushering this character/plotline, I don't have much hope that it's all that.

• Members

Days needs to bite the bullet and reintroduce Sarah and other Hortons.

It might be a bit jarring at first trying to explain/justify why that character has had virtually no interaction with her family for years but they could either basically ignore it and dive into new storyline or give some reason as to why Sarah has stayed away from Salem and make it a part of her return.

• Members

Sarah would have been the perfect solution. Corday keeps setting up newcomers as characters with no ties. Being an ex girlfriend of Eric's is well, kinda weird, since he was a priest.Sarah could still fill the Daniel is a God role as his sister. Paul could be a grandson of Doug's with his ex, Kim, or through Dougie , Jr. many ways to keep the characters connected to a core family. Every new character lately has been boring {I'm looking at you Jordan and Beige}.

• Members

I think that Paul should be a stand alone character [as we need them and everyone doesn't have to be related], but he still could've been tied to someone on the canvas. He could've been a childhood friend of any of the younger characters that's always been in Salem. He's just now coming to our attention. IDK why soaps don't do that more often instead of moving people to town.

But I do think that Ben could've easily been a Nathan or Jeremy and Jordan could've easily been Noelle [Curtis], which would've been just as perfect as she'd have Sarah, her half-sister, on the canvas.

Now that DAYS is about to hit the big 50, they need to bring back legacy characters instead of characters with no ties to the show.

Even though I do loathe Paige, I do care about her somewhat because she's tied to legendary characters like Eve, Shane, and Kim.

Archived