Bill Cosby

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The people who insist these women only care about fame will still say it if they give the money to charity. They'll still say it if the women do or say anything. To many people in society, the women are always the ones who are in the wrong. They should have spoken up, yet they should have just stayed quiet because they were dirty, stupid whores anyway.

• Members

The Family Cosby continues to circle the wagons - the daughter is being trotted out to, like Camille, stay eerily on message and say "he is the FATHER you thought you knew."

The remarkably identical statements strike me as very strange, personally.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Seems to me that public opinion is overwhelmingly against Cosby, unless you're seeing a different newscast than I am. I, for one, am not going to sit here and point fingers at the victims. Their stories are consistent, the circumstances very similar. To say to them now "Well you should have done 'X' or 'Y'" isn't constructive.

Like I've said before, I'm a strong believer of innocent until proven guilty. These ladies' stories are credible and support the theory that Bill Cosby is a serial rapist.

• Members

But they didn't all come forward at the same time. One was able to read the others' stories, and duplicate it. That's why it would have been important to have a police report, or some kind of record to corroborate some of this stuff, even if it was just ONE woman out of the 23. And most people won't point fingers at victims, even if they are not. because they will be seen as cruel, misogynistic, etc.. even if they are wrong. I'm saying the tide would turn with the naysayers if there was just ONE police report from when the events happened.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

Please stop you are making a fool of yourself

928db88bcb74258132486efa5b169e4d

" data-width="466">

• Members

People are going to believe whatever they want to believe -- evidence or lack of won't make a difference to some. I don't know who is lying or who is telling the truth and I am not going to assume that the number of women makes the accusations any more credible. Nor will I assume that those coming to his defense makes the accusations any less credible.

If true, then along with all the other terrible aspects is the fact that this was not exposed soon enough to save some of the victims. A whole lot of enabling and indifference had to have taken place and all of those people who helped make this happen, if true, should be made accountable as well.

His family should be expected to defend him unless they know what this is true and I am not going to assume that they know anything -- especially his children. Crime shows and documentaries sometimes depict how people are able to lead double lives to which their families are oblivious. Unless someone is claiming this all took place at his house and even then people can get away with things and his children are of a generation that may not be as aware of what kids might easily figure out today, especially if they thought their father was a great dad.

Edited by Wales2004

• Members

BINGO. I feel those that are somehow surprised and/or disappointed that Camille and the daughter are staunchly standing by him, come from broken families, or families where members stab each other in the back. They can't understand the concept of a family sticking together for better or worse.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

I doubt that. A PR firm would've crafted far better statements and they wouldn't have made them so similar. A good firm would've had the family as a whole release a statement. There would've been a lot of talk about "innocent until proven guilty" and the Cosbys' charity work, maybe throw in a mention of Ennis' death to tug at heartstrings. A good firm also would've kept him from making that comment about the black media. The problem with PR firms - especially ones that deal in crisis management - is that they demand that you be completely honest and upfront with them and that doesn't seem like something this family wants to or is capable of doing.

Edited by marceline

• Members

It doesn't surprise me at all. Been there, done that in my own family. No one wants to believe the worst about a loved one. But I'll tell you this much: Where there's smoke there's fire. And when someone gets accused of something twice, let alone in the teens, loving family recognizes what's really going on regardless of whatever front they're putting on for the public. Then again, my people have sense. Can't speak for every family. If you're like me and my relatives, you recognize that the person in question has eluded criminal punishment (at least until the next time?) and you do what you have to do to physically and emotionally distance yourself for your own well-being. I'm willing to guess this is what at least one or more of Cosby's daughters and other relatives are doing.