Ebola outbreak

alphanguy74

• Members

I was surprised that that clown Candy Crowley was actually grilling Cruz about his involvement in the whole thing (and he tried to say oh if Obama had just nominated who wasn't an anti-gun crusader, he would have been confirmed).

I do think some people are enjoying this. It gives them a justification to be racist. If ebola came from France or Poland, we wouldn't see people yukking it up (or banning the entire country of Europe from schools...).

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I read about two children who just moved from Rwanda were asked not to attend school for 21 days. Rwanda is 2,600 miles away from any country that has reported Ebola. That's the distance between Seattle and Philadelphia. Some of these people are so dense and ignorant. They are flippant about it though because the main victims of this disease do not look like them and many are already socially programmed not to care about black life.

• Members

People just click a few buttons and read what confirms what they already feel. The media and the GOP want them to be scared and angry and paranoid, and they do as told. It's easier. It also gives them an "other", a bogeyman to focus on so they won't worry about their real problems.

• Members

It's not really ignorance though. You can fix ignorant. You can't fix stupid and these people are literally lacking in brain cells.

What kills me is that the media is fanning the hysteria and then they have these headlines like "why you shouldn't be terrified of Ebola". Hmm maybe if there weren't hundreds of stories a day people wouldn't be "terrified".rolleyes.gif

• Members

More good news: the NBC News cameraman brought to Nebraska for treatment and the nurse in Madrid who was infected by a dying missionary have both been declared Ebola-free following several days of intense treatment and none of their monitored contacts have shown any signs of symptoms.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola-virus-outbreak/nbc-news-freelancer-ashoka-mukpo-declared-free-ebola-n231061

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/22/world/europe/maria-teresa-romero-ramos-tests-negative-for-ebola.html?_r=0

• Members

More ignorant than you can imagine. However, I used to be a real geography freak as a child, I knew where almost any country in the world was, and today, borders and names have changed so much........ about 1/4 of it is all to learn over again. I looked recently at a map of Africa, and I was like... "Where the hell is Zaire? "

• Members

I'd love if the media would only report if the scares are confirmed Ebola cases. No need to make people panic till there is something to panic over.

Of course, I live close to ohare airport so I admit I'm bracing for an Ebola case to.show.up.shortly.but the Chicago area hospitals have gotten ready. Better to be over prepared then under prepared..

Archived