YR Casting! Ex GHer!!!!!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll be honest. She grew on me by the end of her run in an over the top, overly theatrical Bree Williamson-esque chew threw everything that isn't nailed down on set and resistance will forever be futile black hole kind of way. She did have a kind of charisma, magnetism and comic timing that more or less worked. Although I could never accept her as Kate Howard, I created a schism in my mind that she was another of Sonny's old love interests within the Falconari family, cousin which made things a lot more bearable in viewing their relationship. I think she did alright during her long lost baby story and I thought she was even enjoyable when she teamed up with Johnny Z for a limited time. I can see why they casted her, she has potential and seems to be in theme with what what new Y&R currently is. I can see her either being zany and crazy or being a weepy heroine that Y&R fawns over. That being said I would watch my back if I were Jessica Collins. This casting basically just made her redundant.

• Members

JFP?

She's has horrible writing teams, and doesn't seem to want a dynamic head writer. Stories will not improve without new writers.

Love him or hate him, she let Billy Miller slip away, and Michelle Stafford, and the David Tom debacle. The new Billy looks old, the new Phyllis looks too young, and the new Adam looks younger too. It's a mess.

I think the casting has been god awful. None of the younger actors she has cast have any charisma to overcome their lack of talent.

FV? Nathan is beyond bad as an actor, no matter how hot he is. The Todd into Franco clusterfuck is pretty much a disaster. The Robin returns storyline from the fall was pretty fantastic, until you got to her leaving again ( her choice , but they write and produce the show, they could have plotted that better ).

Valentini has a core of excellent actors that are not currently being given strong material, and a truly gigantic cast of characters. Which is his fault for not telling Carlivati to tighten it up.

These are just off the top of my head lol.

Archived