ALL: Most unforgivable act of each soap

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R

Making Jill adopted and not a true Foster, destroying Bill Bell's legacy/history of the show. Billy is named after William Foster for crying out loud.

Nikki and Paul's cult child Dylan. To make viewers accept this worthless character.

Killing Liz Foster to give David Hasselhoff a days work.

Letting Terry Lester get away by lack of story and focusing on Lauralee Bell's "Cricket".

Sony getting rid of Kay Alden, Ed Scott etc.....and replacing them with hacks.

• Members

Co-signing all of this. Would just throw in Patty and her antics, recasting Victoria with Amelia Heinle, and the endless doppelgängers (like Phelia). I weep for what's become of this show.

If I had to choose one thing, I'd say killing off John Abbott was the single most destructive thing. It has left the Abbott family rudderless, has left the show without a elder statesman (especially now with JC gone and Victor too despicable to serve that purpose), and was just unnecessary. Jerry Douglas was perfectly capable of continuing on in the role, and they killed him for what? A short-term story for Judith Chapman? So short-sighted. This was Y&R's Maureen Bauer moment.

• Members

GH:

Firing Anna Lee. You have to be a cold, heartless bitch to do that. The excuse that she was getting too olld to handle material never flew for me because even if she would show a nano second on screen every three months, its the idea of Lila that meant so much to the fans. Most of us could understand her limited airtime but I truly believe that her being fired and put on recurring hurried her into the grave. I know its a business but JFP outdid herself with that.

The whole Text Message Killer storyline. What started as an inoffensive murder the maid storyline devolved into one of the crapiest Whodunit that was ever written. And while I could have tolerated either Emily OR Georgie being murdered, killing both was utterly needless. On top of that it cost us Cooper whom was probably Maxie's most sucessful pairing AND led to Spinelli becoming Maxie's "essential person"

The use of the words "Essential Person". To this day i sttill think its the dumbest way to tell someone you care about them but wanna boink other people.

I am mad that they didnt do much with the character of V Ardanovski. She had chemistry with every guy she crossed paths with (Mac, Jax and Ned to name a few) and was played by a very good actress who unfortunately vanished into oblivion.

What they did to JZ and LC and countless other vets which was to diminish their screentime so much that at some point no body cared when they were no longer written for at all, taking away decades of history away in the process.

• Members

AMC

Bianca giving birth of her rapist's baby

Killing Ethan

ATWT

Marshall Travers raping Jessica

Writing off Bonnie and Isaac

Writing off Lucinda's family. Lucinda needed someone in her corner because she couldn't depend on Lily and Sierra

Killing Bryant and his father having a baby by his girlfriend

B&B

Sacrificing the relationship Taylor's children had develop with Brooke in order to start Steffy versus Hope.

Taylor refusing to be Jack's mother because she couldn't deal with the fact Brooke was his biological mother.

Ridge not being there for Stephanie's last days. I know Ronn Moss left BB, but the storyline lack something with Stephanie's favorite child not being there.

Darlene Conley not being properly acknowledge.

• Members

Y&R
Allowing Lynn Marie Latham any type of involvement on the show.

Allowing Maria Arena Bell any type of involvement on the show.

Allowing Shelly Altman/Jean Passanante any type of involvement on the show.

Allowing Jill Farren Phelps any type of involvement on the show.

etc.

• Members

MKA only signed a short term contract. I was sad when they killed her off. I was hoping TL would have stuck around longer. I didn't care for Samantha.

Todd Rotondi..lobster loved him as Bryant...pissed me off when the killed em off..grrrrr

• Members

I vividly remember my grandmother's strong reaction to that. She was in total shock when he was shot. ''Jake's not going to die, is he?!''. My grandfather answered in his usual indifference, ''how am I supposed to know?''

It's one of the first memories I have of watching ATWT, along with seeing Carly, Rose and Emily in the spa and seeing Barbara's burned face. That did make a lasting impression on me.

I still miss ATWT even though it got progressively worse the longer I was watching.

BTW, does anyone know if Tom Eplin was let go or did he make the decision to leave the show?

• Members

I think Tom Eplin was let go. If were a man and weren't Craig or Simon, you didn't really stand a chance during his reign. Hogan's writing tend to imply that he favored corrupt or weasel-type male characters instead of decent/upstanding or reformed characters. Jake was too complex of a character for Hogan to handle IMO. Hogan tends to prefer flat male characters, and ones he likes (i.e. Craig), he'll make them flat to suit his plot.

Furthermore, I don't think Hogan cared for AW's legacy or fans (that came to ATWT). He quickly killed Vicky off, and even though there was the whole contract debacle with Jensen Buchanan, HS could've had Vicky leave Jake as she preferred life in Bay City. Killing her was pointless along with killing Jake. I loved Jake and Molly. More than I loved him with Vicky (I preferred them as friends).

I would've loved for Jake to stay and would've loved to have watched his marital highs and lows with Molly. Hell, one of my dream stories would've been for Jake and Emily to be paired at City Times, The Argus, or Intruder and for them to clash professionally before engaging into a torrid affair.

• Members

Tom Eplin had a contract with P&G and not AW, which is the whole reason he ended up on ATWT. It wasn't a creative choice or a way to keep AW alive, but had the ratings of ATWT soared perhaps they would have continued to have Tom as Jake McKinnon on ATWT instead of killing him.

• Members

I just remember really loving ATWT, and then in just a couple of years all that promise fell apart. Bryant was played by a great young actor and shouldn't have been killed.

I was under the impression that Jensen didn't want to go to ATWT, and that's why they killed her. She only agreed to a few shows.

The worst for me on GH was the text message killer. They had the best crop of younger characters the show had in years, and by the true end of it, when Guza returned and killed off Logan, it was all gone and they had nothing to build on for the future of the show.

• Members

Forgot to add:

Cassie Mariah lusting after her father's dick. Sickening.

Kay/Jill took care of the Chancellor part of the show, John took care of the Abbott part, and then we were left with the glorious, unbeatable Newmans!

Archived