ALL: Most unforgivable act of each soap

• Members
Allegedly, Tom Eplin behaved badly on the set during the taping of someone's wedding (forget which characters). He supposedly harassed one or several of the actresses, and it has been suggested he was abusing certain substances during that time as well.

But that's only what I have heard second- or third-hand, so take it with a tremendous grain of salt.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't care for Tom or Jake since he was from AW. I hated the infesting of AW characters but I really did come to love Molly and Jake. I think that was Molly best pairing.

As for not getting along ....Todd Rotondi and Kim Onasch didn't get along but there were rumors she didn't get along with a lot of the cast including CZP..maybe that's why she left or was fired and a new actress took over.

• Members

How did I forget this?! Killing Georgie off was criminal! Coop too! Coop was the best pairing KS' Maxie had (besides Jesse). I am still pissed that Coop's background was explored, and that Georgie was killed off, robbing me of G-Spin--the ONLY time and pairing I liked and invested in the character of Damian Spinelli. I feel like this story affects GH to this day because that younger adult group horrid.

We could've had Lulu, Maxie, Georgie, Coop, Logan, Spin, Johnny, Dante, Diego, and eventual returns of Brook and Dillon. That set alone would've been a great set to lead GH into the future. Instead, we are stuck with the likes of Levi and Nathan. -_-

• Members

*cries* I love them all too! Even Jen. All their deaths were pointless. But I blame the hacks and network heads on all soaps for assuming that killing a legacy character off will spark drama for years to come. Normally it doesn't. After six months, most of their deaths are forgotten. This is why soap writers needs to learn to cautiously decide whether or not it's good to kill a legacy character off because most writers down the line express deep regret for killing certain characters during their reign. Even the greats (i.e. Bell, Marland, Nixon, Lemay...)

• Members

The TML storyline could have afforded to kill one but not two legacy characters. Georgie OR Emily but BOTH was an insane move from JFP, in a long list of insane move that "woman" made over her painful run as EP.

Making Cooper a Barrett but then never have anybody mention he had the same last name as Brenda or Julia was a truly WTF moment too.

(I know! I am repeating myself but those mistakes were so bad that it deserves to be mentionned again and again and again)

• Members

Jake's drama was suddenly plunked down front and center into the show. He became Lucinda's foil, was chem tested with Em and Julia before "falling" for a comatose Molly, and once they connected, teens Abi and Adam spent more time with him as a father figure than either Holden or Tom. So it seemed like an invasion.

If Eplin had wanted to continue, he could have worked it out. But there was no way he was going to get the amount he wanted at ATWT. He wouldn't have even been on ATWT except for his "pay or play" contract he was canny enough to negotiate stipulating he got paid whether AW was cancelled or not.

I've heard rumors he was an ass, (and apparently got into a fight at the ATWT Christmas party with Nathaniel Marston) but I also think at the time his contract was up, his father was having health problems in California.

And no, I don't believe Bryant replaced a character connected to AW. ATWT had planned to bring Craig back in the fall of '99. Maura West's pregnancy delayed that until mid-2000. Had they wanted to cast Vicky's son, they would have done it and introduced him along with Jake in '99.

• Members

The only time I ever swore I'd never watch a show again - AMC - The rape of Bianca - not only was it a disgusting act, but raping a lesbian for the sole ploy of making her pregnant, which I called from the moment it was happen - was unforgivable to me. It was an insult to the audience who had grown to love and accept Bianca as she was for a sick, shocking plot ploy. It sickened me because AMC was my "first" soap and I always would check in over the years even as I had other favorites. I did not watch again until it went online and only a couple of episode because I wanted to support the launch. I have no idea what the writers, producers and ABC were thinking. It was horrible and it still upsets me all the years later.

• Members

Considering Nathaniel Marston's published issues, I doubt that it was that big of a deal what happened between him and Eplin. I bet it had to do with money as there is no way that ATWT would continue to give Eplin the kind of leading man salary he got from AW.

• Members

Y&R's younger set hasn't fared much better

Keemo - MIA

Mackenzie - MIA

Scotty - MIA

Nate - MIA

Kyle - MIA

Phillip III - MIA

Phillip IV - MIA

Ronan - MIA

Daniel - MIA

Katie - MIA

Heather - MIA

Moses - MIA

Joshua - MIA

Fenmore - MIA

Ana - MIA

Lucy - MIA

Dylan - MIA

Reed - MIA

Ricky - Dead

Cassie - Dead

Adam - Dead

Delia - Dead

Colleen - Dead

Devon - Irrelevant

Lily - Irrelevant

Abby - Irrelevant

Noah - Irrelevant

Summer - Irrelevant

Faith - Irrelevant

The only legacy characters that receive major airtime are Nick, Victoria & Billy (all of whom are unrecognizable).

• Members

Sad Sad Sad sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

You would think by now that the show would have been preparing for the next generation by constantly utilizing and making sure all of these legacy characters get story yet I don't need to state the obvious why that hasn't happen.

who was Joshua again?

I could think of at least 10 things you could do with these characters. I actually thought about if they decided to bring back Reed as a teenager (and I don't actually want them to do this, giving the state of the show just wishful thinking) the best thing I would think of doing with him is that what if they gave him Victoria's old story arc where he hooks up with an older girl and then realizes that he has trouble making love to her.....like Victoria with Ryan back in the day.

I know it sort of recycle's the Ryan/Victoria/Nina thing from back in the day but that's a type of story I think we would rather see since it does (dare I say) actually "honor history". Plus i'm not sure if any stories have ever been done about teenage boys or any men who have trouble responding to sex.

Archived