Most Unexpected Plot Twists on Daytime

• Members

1. Another World - After watching how masterfully Harding Lemay had executed the story for Mac and his daughter Iris, audiences were completely shocked when, on a mid-week episode, (and this is before spoilers), Mac and Iris were in the hospital waiting room together when Mac learned that his daughter Amanda had been born. Mac, in a moment of sheer joy, said he finally had a daughter. Iris looked at him and said what??? It turned out Iris was not his bio daughter. I fell on the floor that day watching...still remember. I wish there was a clip of that.

2. Edge of Night - TIE Raven returns to Monticello after six months abroad to testify at Draper's trial. Later in the year, Raven (who Molly thought she killed) shows up at the top of the stairs at April's house in Oakdale and startles that bat-[!@#$%^&*] crazy housekeeper of Emily Gault and Mollly falls backwards to her death down the steps! Yes, Oakdale (Henry set the Scott's house in Oakdale even after the show was on ABC). Adam learns of Serena's split personality and exposes her on the stand. WOW..Louise Shaeffer rocked it. You can find all three clips on Youtube!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Marlena being the "Serial Killer" on Days is probably the most shocking moment for me IMO.....though of course we all know how it really happen later.

I'm not sure if this is another of the biggest but at the time I thought it was a pretty neat twist that Liz ended up being the one involved in all the attempted murders on Passions starting with shooting Julian at the cannery.....of course the actress left and the story was botched but it was unexpected.

MAB getting fired was also an unexpected twist cause I thought she was unfortunately there to stay, but like they say "be careful what you wish for"......

• Members

Doesn't fall into this category. We see all of his sh!t coming a mile away!

But I digress - the thing that immediately comes to mind is Kevin is Michael Baldwin's brother. That was a "Holy !@#$%^&*]" moment if I'd ever seen one. When Kevin was likable, he was a hellion causing all kind of chaos. One day, he walks into Michael's office, and they are brothers. Gotta say, soaps don't deliver this any more. When they try to "trick" you, it's usually a huge fail because it was just an "a ha" moment [side eyeing yo ass, moRon].

Great minds...

• Members

I sure didn't expect it when Viki went nuts and threw Dorian down the stairs on OLTL in 1995, but that was because I was a kid who, up to that moment, had no idea Viki had ever had multiple personalities. The Victor molestation reveal was a huge shock, but I wasn't that surprised - I had suspected something like that had to be behind whatever was simmering between those two about Viki's father for over twenty years, something seemed very wrong in that family. Todd dying in Ireland also shocked me.

Lily getting it on GH was up there for me, as was Robin being diagnosed with HIV. Sonny and Carly hitting the sheets. Brenda's "death".

• Members

Guiding Light--Abby grabbing an officer's gun in the courtroom and shooting her attacker Roy after his charges were dismissed on a technicality.

Y&R-Sharon losing her 2001 baby, Nina shooting herself, and Kevin being Michael's brother were startling.

Archived