Y&R/DAYS Eileen Davidson Joins Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wouldn't be surprised if this is all being blown out of proportion and she's just going to appear in some party gathering, like a party of Lisa Rinna's or some function where D-list celebrities are doing a fashion show for Rinna's clothing line. I can't imagine that Davidson would have the time or interest to join Housewives full-time, or even as a "Friend of" (which are usually those who filmed full-time, but never got the official peach/apple/orange/diamond to hold)

• Members

laugh.png I thought the same, except for the way this show seems to have a real effect on people's personal lives. ED seems very pragmatic about her career. You gotta make that hay while the sun shines, if you want to maintain a fabulous lifestyle. I'm sure she'll be well paid and Real Housewives is only a step or two below soaps anyway. There was a time Y&R was a cut above, but that day is gone.

• Members

Some people consider soaps trash. Others consider The Housewives trash. So both those camps would say she's trading one piece of crap for another.

Maybe Eileen is embarking on a line of Pinot Grigio or some shape wear and figures the Housewives are an excellent platform to promote it.

• Members

This is a smart move for Eileen and Lisa. I expect they'll make some good coins and it's going to raise their profile. They just need to play their cards right and hope they are likable or at least love-to-hate. For Lisa she has basically made a career out of her personality, so this was a logical step and will be good for her. For Eileen I expect this could help her acting career. She's a huge, huge soap star, but as with many long time soap stars she isn't as known to people who don't watch soaps. This added boost of visibility could help her move outside of soaps. Bravo has several scripted shows in development and she could easily start on one of those. Who knows? No matter how you look at it, it's easy money and good promo for soaps.

• Members
Actually, it helps many land roles in tv and cameo roles in movies. No, an Oscar it isn't - but it's more than most did before.

More than anything it raises their profile, but Rinna lands gig pretty steady and Eileen is set at YR/Days. I don't really see either trying to use this to launch a major acting career.

Archived