'Do I know you?': Soaps’ strangest recasts!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I did not watch AW and I'm curious about tge Donna Love story. I've never heard about Vicki and Marley having a possible third sibling who was a boy. Who was this supposed to be? Did they really just drop it due to the age of the recast?

• Members

The replacements for Mauve McGuire/Nicole Travis on EON were absurd. Horrible choices. I think ABC forced them to recast with younger, not able to act, performers.

Of course, KD as Blaire was a royal WTF since the original was Eurasian.

Josh Taylor as Roman shows that Corday will hire his friends no matter WTF.

• Members

Billy warlock taking over for Sean Kanan rates number one for me.

And i would add Lyda karennin #2. J Robin Miller taking over jessica Ferrarone still makes no sense to me after all those years.

If we discuss strange circumstances that led to a recast I remember the hooplah when Jensen Buchanan joined GH as Melissa Bedford but due to contract issue she had to be recast soon after JB started.

• Members

This one takes the cake for me when they could've easily cast Real Andrews, Aaron D. Spears (who is being wasted on B&B as Justin), or Terrell Tilford, who they now have playing Leslie's hubby. Eddie Winslow playing Malcolm was a travesty. He lacked SM's Malcolm fire, spunk, charisma, and natural suaveness. So painful ... So painful. -_-

• Members

KD as Blair is another one!

Remember oltl Blair started out as a asian beuty with the back story that her mother was raped by an asian nurse while she was in an institution. then she went away for a few months and came back as an american woman who occasoinally went into a southern accent.

Archived