General Hospital July 2014 Discussion

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have started to get caught up on the show and things that I missed in the weeks/months of not really watching or paying attention.

I feel like I have missed something, did Julian and Alexis test well in focus groups or something? It seems like some mandate has gone from someone at ABC to heavily promote them. Out of nowhere they have been featured in the last 3 promos (the primetime GH promo they showed last night during that Wife Swap only featured two couples - Sam/Silas and Julian/Alexis), not only is Michael Logan promoting them all over, so are Nathan Varni and Ron C. Richard is talking about them getting an SID cover, Fairman is trying to get an interview...it's nice for the actors but it just seemed to happen all at once. I am just wondering where it came from because it feels very sudden.

I can't with this Bobbie/Scott/Lucy stuff. I love Lucy but I hate that she seems over Kevin already and that Ron is going to try to pretend like her feelings for Kevin went away offscreen and grew for Scott. Regardless, I thought Lynn was really great today (and looked fantastic). It always gets to me when Lucy wears her heart on her sleeve and it's always nice to see Felicia/Lucy.

Does this Jordan character have a set? Or does she live in the park? And of course Ron would go the prostitution route here...Finola's talents are really being wasted on this show and I'm not sure why it seems like this Jordan character has a bigger part in this Jerome story than Anna does. Anna has the history with the Jeromes, why isn't she more involved with the investigation? Oh and where the hell is Duke? The Jeromes were basically created off his back? Why are Jordan and Sonny more involved than Duke and Anna?

I love the kid who plays TJ. I saw him in Blue Caprice and he was great, I wish GH would use him more and stop wasting his talents.

I like Ava. I don't know, maybe it's because I like Maura so much as an actress, but I really do enjoy her and I think a character like Ava is needed on the show....even her rapport with Maurice/Sonny. I think they play the hostility and animosity well and invoke a little humor into their scenes at the same time.

If Rosalee keeps Kiki away from Morgan I will be Team MoRosa all the way. I hate Kiki.

• Members

I remember hearing for a few months that Julian and Alexis had tested well and the network was all into it, but I had a hard time buying any of that because I thought the sources were mostly their very vocal fans. I didn't see why anyone at the network would possibly give a [!@#$%^&*]. Then I thought it was happytalk from the show designed to placate Nancy and William deVry, and frankly I still suspect that because I still think Ron and Frank intended (and still do intend) to kill Julian off. I feel they have no real investment in the couple let alone Alexis. But if they have really taken off after all, who knows. Good for them? I guess?

• Members

I feel like Ava and Julian are both on borrowed time it's just a matter of how long that time is draggggggged out.

And if Julian didn't look like William deVry I imagine they wouldn't get nearly the focus they're getting.

• Members

LOL, I know how that goes. I was just catching up and last night saw Nathan Varni tweeting with their fans and then posting teases of their scenes plus the promos they were featured in and I was a bit taken aback. I guess both Jeromes could still be on borrowed time, they just seemed to be getting a lot of promotion lately that's usually saved for people like KeMo/ME or LW/RH (though it seems that pairing has fallen way out of favor).

This cast is entirely too crowded though. I know yesterday RC said he didn't think it was overly crowded but I suspect they'll start getting rid of some people soon enough. My hope is Kiki, Brad, Nathan (actor is terrible), Olivia (so sorry, like LLC but character serves no purpose anymore but to listen to Lante's baby whining), Sabrina are the first to go. This might be unpopular here, but I'm also ready for Geary to go or to be put on recurring. I can't with him holding stories hostage for 6 months while he's in Amsterdam. A half ass commitment to the show is just becoming detrimental to the pacing (something RC already has a problem with IMO).

• Members

I understand this is not like Tony's other breaks - he's recuperating from surgery he desperately needed - but after all those years of endless vacations I cannot believe we are waiting on this story to seriously progress til October.

• Members

Viz, I think Geary's current absence is medical related.

Also, I don't believe Francly have necessarilyy fallen out of favor, but I do believe RH was possibly promised to Redzilla. They will probably have Silazzzz and FrankenTodd fighting over her. It makes Redzilla feel 25 again. Notice the need to shackle Carly back to Scummy at a time when she should be completely disgusted by him? If Redzilla/RH can't sell this pairing, I fully suspect LW to be pulled in to prop it. Both FrankenTodd and Nina are already in the negatives with the audience, so will 2 negatives create a positive? The audience is already fed up with newbies supporting newbies, so we shall see.

• Members

I must be watching even less than I thought because today's the first time I've ever seen Rosalie. She's cute. Reminds me of a Latina Sarah Brown when Carly first came to town.

Did I miss something, or did they skip the conversation between T.J. and Mickey? T.J. was playing it awfully cool for some strange man approaching him and asking questions about his mother.

Archived