State of Affairs: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Administrator

State of Affairs: Discussion Thread

STATE OF AFFAIRS – Each day the President is faced with dozens of life and death decisions, and to prioritize the biggest international crises facing the country, one top CIA analyst — Charleston Tucker (Katherine Heigl, “Grey’s Anatomy”) — assembles the President’s Daily Briefing (PDB). This list of the most vital security issues facing the nation brings with it moral and political judgment calls for Charleston and her trusted group of brilliant analysts at the agency. Aside from the political minefields she has to walk, Charlie has a close personal relationship with the President (Alfre Woodard, “Desperate Housewives”) because she was once engaged to her son before a tragic terrorist attack took his life. Charlie survived that attack and is now determined to bring the perpetrators to justice. Navigating a complex personal life and a pressure-cooker profession is, of course, a challenge, and Charlie sometimes engages in boundary-pushing behavior to avoid facing her grief. But when the clock strikes 2 a.m., she is all about her job — protecting her nation, serving her President and still trying to get to the bottom of her fiancé’s murder that will reveal itself as a shocking mystery.

The cast also includes Adam Kaufman, Sheila Vand, Cliff Chamberlain, Tommy Savas and Leslie Odom, Jr. Writer-director Joe Carnahan (“The Blacklist”) serves as executive producer with Katherine Heigl, Nancy Heigl, Robert Simonds, Sophie Watts, Henry Crumpton, Rodney Faraon and Julia Franz. “State of Affairs” is a production of Universal Television, Bob Simonds Company and Abishag Productions.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I can't help it but like Katherine Heigl (on screen), even though she's kind of a bitch in real life. So with that and the show being about the CIA, I'll check this show out too.

• Members

I don't think she's a bitch. I think she made two very honest remarks in response to questions and had she been a man it wouldn't have mattered.

Ages a great actress and I'm so excited for this show. The sub plot with her dead ex sounds interesting.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

I think she strikes me as a woman who doesn't know how to play the game and who has no real clue how to deal with the press. A lot of the issues people have with her could have been dealt had she used a bit more tact in her responses and career moves. The timing of her rise in popularity was also something that happened very quickly and no one really suspected. Pretty much concurrently she became a household name in television and film -- this in itself shouldn't have been a big deal, but Katherine made it one in regards to pay. I understand where she was coming from, she could make more filming one film for 3-6 months, then she ever would working a whole season of Grey's Anatomy -- she had every right to either want a raise, or want to be left out of her contract. But this along with other issues tagged on to her made her appear very ungrateful, add to the fact that she left Grey's after she finally got the raise she was complaining about for two or three years just made it even worse. Her comments about Knocked Up and her Emmy withdraw just made it all worse.

She's an incredible talent, but definitely needs better handling in regards to her comments.

Archived