Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I forgot to mention the thing that I really liked about last night's episode: Becky found out about Lucious' illness. I was wondering what Becky's role was going to be and now I see how she fits in. It helps the drama to have one person clued in to what's going on with him and their conversation helped give him some softer layers.

• Members

Hell, no. Not only couldn't, but probably shouldn't. He can bide his time and see how things shake out.

This show makes the drama lover in me giddy. Loved it when Cookie told that rapper to bring it because she had faced bigger and more talented in prison. laugh.png I think Lucious actually loves it that Cookie is still street (for lack of a better way to describe it).

• Members

Hakeem is no better than FoFo. They are like the worst stereotype of rappers I have ever seen. But at least they softened Hakeem by showing that he can be funny, insecure, and cares about his father's respect.

And isn't there a transgender person in his crew. I kept trying to figure it out because that actor is gorgeous.

In Andre's defense again, he was so manic that he probably can't tell whether what is happening is real or something that he is hallucinating.

Edited by ajsp35801

• Members

So I can make it three on my list! :D

That was really great. I'm glad to see they gave Becky a little more to do than just the ever-suffering assistant.

Agreed!

Yes! That was a great Cookie moment. I feel like so much happened in the episode, it was difficult to remember it all, but that was definitely great. And true. As for Lucious, you can see it in many of his reactions to Cookie: That woman still impresses the hell out of him.

• Members

IDA with you at all about Hakeem being the worst stereotype of a rapper that they then softened. In just two episodes, we've already seen many sides of him, many dimensions, and that automatically stops him from being a stereotype. On top of that, his acting out in the restaurant is well-founded (his grief over his father figure being shot to death). As for FoFo, the guy was a total tool, but the sense I got was that he's a big celebrity with a horrible personality that let the fame get to his head. He's still an ass but the writing was strong enough to communicate that.

I thought it was just a gay woman.

• Members

During the first episode, I was SURE that I would hate Hakeem. From the way he spoke to the way he dressed and everything about him screamed stereotypical. They changed all that in the second episode. So I think that we do agree. You didn't say much differently that what I said. At least I didn't think that you did. wink.png