DAYS: May 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh please. rolleyes.gif I hate that poor Nick's death had to be made about stupid Daniel. I'm so over Maggie and Jennifer too. I wish they'd pack them in a car with Daniel and drive them all off a cliff to a gory death. Sad that I'm saying this but I'm over all three of them. Who knew one character (Daniel) would make me hate so many characters I loved previously.

Oh how I pray that DAYS is one day pried from Corday's grip, and someone sane comes in and cleans house starting with Dr. Pubes being victim numero uno.

• Members

Are you serious? Daniel made Nick's murder all about him and his stupid little retcon of a daughter? GMAFB. I was going to watch this week too. Thanks for saving me the trouble.

Who the !@#$%^&*] is Shawn Christian blowing (or being blowed by) at Days of Our Lives?

Gary Tomlin needs to be fired. Again.

I can't believe one character is pretty much destroying the show that I love so much. And he is. The entire show revolves around this disgusting waste of a character.

• Members

I agree that Tomlin needs to be fired, but for other reasons. Daniel has been written and propped as the show's leading hero under every writer since he joined the show. The problem must be higher up. Corday, Sony or NBC.

• Members

MarDar actually wrote him off (because the character was so awful he needed a reboot), and bothered to actually write for Jack (until network interference). but then they wrote Daniel as the egg-baby (I think they were forced to do that, IMO) because Suzanne Rogers wanted Melanie as her granddaughter, so I appreciated them writing him off and recognizing he sucked, basically. He wasn't this dreadful under Higley and wasn't driving me from the show. Tomlin seems to want to glorify him (or Whitesell does).

• Members

The egg-baby happened early in MarDar's run, before he left for THREE WEEKS, he said more good-byes than characters actually leaving do. He was dreadful under Higley too. He saved Bo, he saved Chelsea, he got involved with Chelea, he saved Kate, he slept with Kate, he saved Victor, he saved Philip, he saved Kate again, he examined Chloe, then he slept with Chloe.

• Members

Here's another question: What causes Corday to panic? Is it something that's do-able on our part?

Wow, Daniel did all that under Higley? I knew much of the show has been sacrificed for his sake, but damn.

Archived