Characters that viewers felt sorry for - undeservedly.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For that alone Gwen should have become the show's heroine lol. I think had Natalie Zea been Gwen from the get go something could have been done with the character.

The "actress" that played Teresa was really awful. Did she get any better?

I just thought of another undeservedly sympathic character that should own this thread. Charity on PASSIONS. Molly Stanton was only a good actress if you compared her to LaRahmer. Charity had to be the dumbest person in thewhole world. I kept thinking if she was supposed to be the last chance the world had to triumph over EVIL then the world was doomed. She wasnt just pathetically nice she had to have had a mental condition to be that stupid. I would insult Morons if i called her one.

Stupidity has never been an endearing quality to me

• Members

In 2001-02 a lot of J&J fans felt bad for Jack when Jennifer was verbally and emotionally abusing him, even though the show kept telling us he deserved it. It was the same way this last time--the show kept saying that Jennifer (and now Abby) were justified in their treatment of him--most fans rejected the narrative.

There were also a lot of Jack fans who sympathized with him over the way the Steve and Kayla treated him when he was married to Kayla, even though their own sins were dwarfed by the rape.

• Members

No. Then she moved to AMC where she wore too much eye makeup and ridiculously inappropriate clothes, considering that she was supposed to be a doctor, and then threw herself at Jake and David and cried a whole lot. For some ungodly reason, PP brought her to AMC's reboot where she continued to do the same thing: make a mess of her life and cry a lot.

I will never understand why some people believe that the ability to cry on cue = great actress.

• Members

I think a lot of Carly's fans wanted her to win. IMO, that's different than feeling sorry for her.

Now that I think about it, add ATWT's Molly and Katie to my list. The Katie thing especially got on my nerves. I don't think I've ever seen anyone's adultery excused as cleanly as hers was. You'd have thought she was a saint because Mike left her cheating ass.

• Members

While GH fans hardly felt sorry for that wretched Sabrina Santiago en masse, she is such a horrid pathetic character that even two fans feeling sorry for her qualifies her.

I agree with that wretched Carly Tenney.

This may be unpopular, but Mary [!@#$%^&*] Ryan was a hypocritical, self-righteous bitch no matter who played her and ever since I first saw Ryan's Hope on YT, I have ALWAYS sympathized with her long-suffering husband Jack (that poor man, dealing with that cold bitch and her terrible family)!

Archived