Characters that viewers felt sorry for - undeservedly.

• Members

The biggest has to be Kendall Hart.

If you watched the story from the beginning, Erica was very nice to her..... until Kendall went batsh!t, burning documents and falsely accusing people of raping her.

I didn't feel sorry for her; her parents from Florida seemed to love her a lot.

I DID feel sorry for Janet Green because the mom was DEFINITELY emotionally abusive.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Renee Dumond!!!!

Luke Spencer

Robert Ford

the other ford brothers too

Will on DOOL

Todd Manning

GH's Franco

Victor Lord Jr

Jack Manning

Phyllis on Y&R

GH's Sabrina

GH's Britt

Rex Balsom

Cole Thornhart

Theresa Lopez Fitzgerald

Carrie Brady - I like Christie Clark but I never got what was so great or sympathetic about Carrie as a character

• Members

Personally, the sympathy Lily Walsh got for being a "poor little rich girl" drove me nuts. She was a entitled brat with mommy issues, who ran roughshod over everyone in her path.

Boo-freakin-hoo...mommy didn't like her boyfriend. Get over it.

• Members

Sonny corinthos owns this thread imho

How anyone could find it in their heart to feel sorry for this loathsome creature undeserving to be refered as a human being and in their head to rationalize the buttload of horrible things he did even in his heyday as always been beyond me.

The few things that should have made him almost human are either long gone (stone, brenda) or have been used so excessively (robin) that all i see now is a parody of Scarface

• Members

So did I but a bunch of older fans on Twitter felt bad for Victor, and were declaring that Tracy do the "right thing" and give Victor Colleen's heart. That still bothers me to this day because Victor does not even bring up Colleen at all and how she gave him a second chance at life. Nor Tracy. Instead, he continues on doing heinous acts, which is why he got shot in the first place. Honestly, I feel like Victor needs to go ahead and croak because he brings nothing to the show. He has no redeeming qualities for at all for being the town Scrooge. Hell, Adam Chandler, Alan Spaulding, Roger Thorpe, and Carl Hutchins had redeeming qualities about them and they all occupied the pariah role. Victor has just become too gross for my taste. Gaslighting Sharon with a Cassie look-a-like is the lowest of the low. He deserves to be blown off the face of the earth.

• Members

I agree. It seems like the majority of viewers love Victor and always claim that he is the show and how he and Nikki need to be together blah blah blah. He is an abusive piece of crap that needs to go. I hope Jack shoots him point blank in the face at his desk if they ever off the character.

• Members

Back in my Kendall-loving days, I never got the impression that I was supposed to feel sorry for her. As a matter of fact, her being one who was (rightfully) hated by many PVers is precisely why I loved her because the show wasn't trying to present her as some misunderstood wounded creature (like too many "heroines" that have come along since). Once they recast the character, that all went to sh!t and I hadn't any use for her since.

I'm sure I'll come up with more later, but the character that comes to mind at the moment is the cockatiel that ate up the last years of OLTL. The audience was supposed to see her as a plucky single mother who refuses to get knocked down by the many hard-knock tragedies of life, but I thought that she was a smug piece of sh!t who should've been flushed down the toilet along with the many useless characters that funked up the show. (Incidentally enough, I ended up liking her first foe, Ramsey, a lot better in repeat viewings.)

Archived