Black Actors at the Daytime Emmys

• Members

That rape ruined ATWT for me as well. I still watched somewhat and kept up with the stories but it was not the same.

Well, let's not pretend that black actresses can do what white actresses can. It's one thing to say someone deserved an award or was robbed when they had the body of work to prove it, it just comes off as sour grapes when you say it and they didn't have the work to back it up.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Breaking down the list by show, they rank as follows:

Y&R: 5 wins, 21 nominations

All My Children: 3 wins, 11 nominations

Guiding Light: 3 wins, 2 nominations

One Life to Live: 1 win, 5 nominations

Generations: 3 nominations

Another World: 2 nominations

Sunset Beach: 2 nominations

General Hospital: 2 nominations

Ryan's Hope: 1 nomination

As the World Turns: 1 nomination

Days of our Lives: 1 nomination

• Members

Thanks for sharing this list! gives me a better break down of the history of which AA actors/actresses won/were nominated.....

Was Kristoff st.John really nominated for supporting actor for Generations in 1990 then switched to younger the following year, or is that a typo?......

It really is a shame they stupidly overlooked the Nathan/Olivia aids story and Tonya Lee Williams and Victoria Rowell didn't win for it.....I bet they felt like ripping their hair out when CK won in 2012......ugh I was never more pissed off...

• Members

I don't even want to get into the Primetime Emmy's. Black actresses are lucky to even get a nomination, let alone a win for a Golden Globe or Primetime Emmy. Just off the top of my head I was always horrified when Regina King didn't get nominated for Southland. In general that show should've been an Emmy darling, but how the hell did they not nominate her?

Archived