Alan Carr: Chatty Man

alphanguy74

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Chatty Man & The Graham Norton Show are absolutely, fantastically hilarious. I've been thinking of starting a thread for Chatty Man but I didn't know if anyone here would be interested.

Enrique is such a flirt, even with men. ;)

• Members

The key is that Andy Carr and Graham Norton really put their guests at ease and let them know that this is going to be an irreverent appearance and not to take it all too seriously. The guests can relax because they know they are playing straight man to the comedian. I know that Norton often takes his guests out the day before the show (and after the taping, too, for drinks), so they build up a camaraderie, and Alan Carr probably does the same.

When Norton interviewed Liza Minnelli some years ago, he pretty much spent the whole week with her and her then-fiancé David Guest. She really got along well with him, to the point where she invited him to her wedding with Guest while on air. He ended up attending, I think. The way they were talking with each other, it's like they barely noticed the studio audience, they were just chatting about this and that.

I love both talk shows. I find some of the US talk shows harder to watch. They seem a little stiffer, and there are too many commercial breaks so it breaks up the interview momentum.

• 5 months later...

Archived