Y&R: January 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Amelia Heinle has not been a great run...that awful art story...the reliquary...just awful...blah,blah blah. There's a reason David Tom won Emmys HE CAN ACT...HE HAS CHEMISTRY WITH JESS WALTON Just because someone is around for a long time doesn't make their tenure great. Tolerable..not great I'd rather watch paint dry than listen to Victoria and Stitch talk and talk and talk. This man is hot and needs a ONS with Hillary! Not another horrible scene with Victoria

• Members

A ONS with Hilary? For what purpose and to what end? ONS are only worthwhile if there is a significant other to find out and be pissed. Or if their is a WTD story coming. Otherwise, it's a waste of time. Don't get me wrong, I am not interested in seeing him with Victoria either. I think a long term pairing with Sharon, Chloe, Lily, Abby, Tracy would better serve the show.

• Members

Judging by when he took off his shirt in that live chat with EH & MCE yesterday, uh he needs one. Yuck.

Adam crying cracked me up lol. I kinda liked seeing a Newman being an Abbott's b***h for once but these scenes were meh. Miller just doesn't do emotional scenes well and frankly I'm just tired of this story.

I like Stitch but he needs a spicy woman and that ain't Victoria. Their dialogue is so lame. Clearly they're gonna hook up, probably after Victoria finds out Billy cheated. If only Villy could simply end. Sighs.

Lily vs Hilary is the only time CK has a pulse. Keep the snark coming, end Lane, and I could tolerate her. Team Hilary though. Right now I'd say she's crushing on hero Jack but likes Devon. He's clearly more into her though. I don't see HiJack going anywhere.

• Members

I agree. She seems calmer and softer with him. I was against the pairing at first. And I still think Roxie was thrown under the bus so that Mishel could have more SL/screentime.

I think it is a mistake to tease a Hillary-Jack pairing. He is entirely too old for her. I didn't like the Lyla/Casey relationship all that much on ATWT but I was glad they were happy while they were.

Again, it's just me, but I think some of the dialogue and SLs and length of some of them - on Y&R is NOT Y&R quality. Things were better before JP's contributions started airing. They were boring, but not necessarily crap writing. Prior to LML, Y&R was capable of writing good dialoque during action-packed storylines AND every day stuff that was connecting stories, as well as filler stuff.

• Members

Please NO Jack & Hilary. It's ridiculous to pair a young, vibrant woman with an old troll. Jack with Nikki or Phyllis - works.

Devon - Bryton, with the exception of the period when he had screen time with SN & JC, which I think produced his best, most inspired work, has been a dud for me since he joined. I really wish they would recast, especially if they keep up this billionaire stuff. As we've seen with recent casting on Y&R, there is no shortage of actors who could bring both sex appeal, sophistication and smarts to the table.

• Members

I always felt that Roxie should have been gone years ago. She really never should have existed. Her only purpose was to keep people from complaining about Devon not having a love interest and to shut cries of Devon being in love with Lily. But yeah, the character did get the bus wheels. They could have at least given Roxie a real exit story if for nothing else but as a thank you to TA.

It is definitely a mistake to take a romantic turn on either Jack or Hilary's part. If they remain platonic, the relationship could always remain just as it is. Hilary would have a pseudo family. But having her crushing will make people always question her motives. Perfectly good friendship ruined.

Not just you. The dialogue is horrible most of the time, especially in emotional scenes. My goodness. The SLs are not that bad. They just string them out to the point of me being past caring. I think that the writers need to learn to have small climaxes in their SLs that build up to the finale. This hit and run story was horrible. It could have been done so much better.

• Members

Tell me who is bringing that on Y&R? Other than Mishael Morgan. Who?

IMO, Bryton has not been given a chance to do much of anything but play angst to Lily. He has been on 10 years almost and this is his FIRST onscreen romance. And of course, many people are starting to see him in a different light. Unsurprising.

• Members

ITA that Bryton has been underutilized and definitely not given a chance to play the romantic lead. As I mentioned, he finally got a chance to show what he can do with SN & JC. I have nothing against Bryton the person, I'm strictly talking about casting in the direction the new regime has set for the character. If he makes it work, great.

Archived