Ronn Moss' Wife slams BB

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think EnglishTea meant that the fact that he was able to walk away so abruptly is the EP's fault. They should've just decided he was leaving while he was still under contract so they could write a less disruptive exit. Part of negotiations should include contingency planning for what to do if they fall through. ("Either sign by X date or we'll start writing your exit story.") That's how I took the comment.

• Members

Part of an executive producer's job is to be aware of when their contract players' contract are up. Typically, they should begin negotiations at the beginning of the last 13 week cycle, and if a new contract isn't reached prior to six weeks out, there should be a contingency plan in place.

Bell allowed that time to pass, and left the show at risk by then having Ronn work without a contract. The show contracts are always written in favor of the production company - they stem back to radio contracts. Bell made it possible for Ronn to walk out, and also created no story in case that happened.

That is on Bell, not Ronn.

Part of an executive producer's job is to be aware of when their contract players' contract are up. Typically, they should begin negotiations at the beginning of the last 13 week cycle, and if a new contract isn't reached prior to six weeks out, there should be a contingency plan in place.

Bell allowed that time to pass, and left the show at risk by then having Ronn work without a contract. The show contracts are always written in favor of the production company - they stem back to radio contracts. Bell made it possible for Ronn to walk out, and also created no story in case that happened.

That is on Bell, not Ronn.

• Members

I just read Bell's tvguide interview...so maybe I can see a little more why she was pissed. Bell's going on and on about Kaye's "acting chops" and how it was exciting to write for Ridge, blah blah blah.

Yes, I still think she should have kept her mouth shut, and no, Moss was never going to be confused with Olivier (or Flannery for that matter) but Moss was Ridge for 20+ years, and the Ridge triangles did really lay the groundwork for a lot of B&B's success.

• Members

Thank you for all the insight into how B&B is run and what was some of the real reasoning behind last year's cast defections. I can see both sides of the argument, but one thing I never knew was that there are only two weeks between script and filming, which is very short. That probably allows Brad to pick up more quickly on what is and isn't working and jettison what he doesn't want, but I could also see how it gets to being costly. I never realized Bell was bad at managing the budget. I just assumed he was still in this job as HW and EP because he was good at keeping B&B profitable and able to do cheap exterior filming at various Bell homes and the roof of CBS in LA.

Archived