GH: Actor Out?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
she said she did not want to have her own kids. She wasn't against raising a child. Besides, she's in love and has been with Spinelli for over a year now. Planning to have a baby is one thing but Connie is already here and the 2 come as a packaged deal. It's the perfect compromise. Spinelli gets the child he wanted and she didn't have to give birth to her like she didn't want to.

• Members
i think it had something to with contributing to the overpopulation of our planet

ETA: from 3-21-13

Spinelli: You don't want children?

Ellie: I do not.

Spinelli: I-I'm sorry. That surprises me. I-I-I've seen you with children. You were a natural at that hospital St. Patrick's Day party.

Ellie: Well, who wouldn't want to lead 15 Peds patients on a Leprechaun hunt?

Spinelli: Someone who might not want children.

Ellie: [sighs] Damian, my love for children has nothing to do with my reluctance to reproduce. Frankly, the notion of bringing a child into this world just seems...unfair to me.

Spinelli: Bringing a child into the world to love and care for seems unfair?

Ellie: What kind of world would any child inherit? I mean, every day, humans are fighting for a finite amount of resources which, thanks to man, are becoming ever more scarce. Look at what we're doing to our environment. Global warming, pollution, toxic waste -- ugh. I just -- I try so hard to be a part of the solution, but sometimes I just feel really overwhelmed.

Spinelli: Okay, but...a sense of disappointment, even futility, environmentally speaking -- that's no reason to put a permanent kibosh on parenthood.

Ellie: I just wouldn't feel right leaving a son or a daughter on a dwindling planet with diminishing resources. [sighs] I'm sorry, but the idea of tiny Jackals is off the table for me. I really hope it's not a deal breaker.

Spinelli: Ours is a ... relatively new romance. I mean, it's much too soon to be contemplating 2.5 offspring and a white picket fence.

Ellie: [Chuckles] I'm not saying we need to have a white picket fence. In fact, I've always been more partial to weathering wood, myself. But we are in a committed relationship. And when I thought I would never walk again, you did not leave my side. And you gave me your strength during my recovery. I know I can count on you.

• Members

I can't be that generous - I've seen a dozen Ellies and Spinellis over the years, generally much better acted and written. But there have been worse, so...good for them I guess.

Ellie's views on kids changed around enough to where she had that "plot device" stamped on her forehead at every turn.

Archived