Grade the Soaps

• Members

GH: A its an exciting thrill ride with old GH past and core vets. U all can take Guza and phelps GH and go watch that. Wasn't Guza and jfps GH so great? I honestly wish everyone wishes came true here so frank and Ron wouldn't have come and GH would have been cancelled in 2012. Cause without them it was a done deal.I expect huge ratings for robins return.

Y&R: B it's much better then under Mab. There are some stuff to shift through. Shelley is going a great Job as co head writer as she's created a very controversial umbrella storyline that demands our attention, the abbott breakfast scene was a bell classic.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Johnny, when are you going to stop saying Craptini saved GH when that is not the case at all? Do you honestly believe there wasn't a competent team out there to pen this show?

GH was saved because ABC has nothing to replace it. The Revolution failed, Katie is failing and this buys GH more time. It has nothing to do with FrankenRon!

• Members

General Hospital A

The last time I enjoyed this show so much was in 1994-95 during the Labine era. It is as close to perfection as you can get. The only thing keeping the show from getting an A+ is the fact that Michael and Kiki are still breathing air in Port Charles.

Young and the Restless C-

Tempted to give it a D+ but it has Cynthia Watros on it and it would be a crime to grade anything she is on so subpar. Less of Dullan and Adam and more of Kelly.

• Members

Yes they created great ratings. It doesn't matter yes ABCs plans for other shows bombed but in turn they had to produce good numbers for ABC to want to keep it. ABC is very happy with GH and Vicki Drummer has said its all Ron/Frank pretty much without them we would have thrown in the towel. ABC's cancellation in GH in 2012 was a done dea signed sealed and delivered. Yes the others bombing bought them more time at the end. Now GH is not needing more borowed time its bringing in revenue for ABC in great ways. Number 1 in demos and great demo numbers plus Frank who is a master at budget has brought the budget down at least 30 percent from when Phelps produced the show. Whe JFP/Guza produced it was a dark sadistic mess. The Claudia storyline was the most vile sicko storyline I have ever seen in my life. Ron/Frank deserve credit because if it was producing bad numbers ABC would not keep it. They have no reason to keep a show that makes zero money. Some people dont understand basic busienss 101 plus the show has the most buzz I have seen since the late 90's. I am hearing Ron/Frank are primed to sign huge multi year deals to stay at GH they aint going anywhere.

Archived