Falcons Crest Reboot!!

allmc2008

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I swore I was going to click on this thread and find Vee tongue-lashing allmc2008 for the misleading thread title to his fanfic.

I don't think this reboot is going to happen. If networks passed on the Dynasty reboot, I think FC has even less of a chance. They'd have their work cut out for them. There is a much smaller nostalgia factor here because so many of the show's main players for most of the run are deceased either in real life or on the show. The nostalgia's in the show title, the Victorian mansion, the theme song, the falcon, and passing references to old characters and events. Dead Angela, Chase, Maggie, Melissa, Chao-Li, et cetera, I don't know if Richard and Cole are enough.

That said, the wine industry, the winery, and nearby San Francisco provide a great backdrop for a decadent, sexy, intriguing show. The right writers and producers could take that skeleton and reinvent one hell of a series.

• Members

Never would have thought of Falcon Crest getting a reboot. Knots Landing is a better candidate, since the cast still speaks very highly of the show. Lee, Mills, Shackelford and Van Ark would probably all be up for participating, and I can see them all slipping back into their characters seamlessly.

• Members

I can see Cole returning to FC with a wife, a son and a daughter. Cole would be the new Chase and Richard would be the new Angela and I am sure he would have some family of his own. It could be a fun show if the new generation was interesting enough.

I can see Cole returning to FC with a wife, a son and a daughter. Cole would be the new Chase and Richard would be the new Angela and I am sure he would have some family of his own. It could be a fun show if the new generation was interesting enough.

• Members

Honestly, I loved Falcon Crest as popcorn TV, but they should be rebooting Knots Landing and Dynasty before they even think of this. If anything, Falcon Crest is ripe for a dark remake. That original story would lend well to a remake. So many of the characters were killed off that a reboot I'm not too sure about. Even Melissa was killed off, which is such a shame. You'd basically have Cole and his orphaned kids, Vicki (probably recast) with some offspring and then both of their parents are dead. Abby Dalton hasn't aged well so they probably won't use her and neither has Margaret Ladd.

ETA:

One positive, unlike Dallas, is that they're consulting the original writers. I don't understand why Dallas is so intent on shutting the original writers out.

• Members

I think a challenge for Knots is that it doesn't really have a gimmick or a hook to lure in many of today's viewers. What would make Knots different from a show like Parenthood in this day and age? And maybe it doesn't need a new gimmick beyond the cul-de-sac and people will tune in for great family drama with business and politics thrown into the mix. I had this idea for a nuKnots sorta reboot/spinoff where in the opening titles, the camera would zoom in on the cul-de-sac then spin around and zoom in on the next cul-de-sac over. Four or five more houses with new character possibilities (with at least one of the children from the original show scoring a house near their parents to tie it all in).

• Members

I've heard this, but I think the show is strong enough--if written by the right people and has a good cast of characters that could return for it. I personally would bring back Lynn Marie Latham, so she could write a more business-minded show, with a focus on the Sumner Group as well as the cul-de-sac. I think that could be the hook. Dynasty is also just dying for a reboot. Linda Evans and Joan Collins are ready to go and Heather Locklear, Gordon Thompson, Jack Coleman and Emma Samms are all available. They probably have the best cast to choose from out of all the primetime soaps. Unlike most, Dynasty didn't kill off half the cast.

• Members

I wonder if Joan and Linder have talked since Joan dished and dissed about Legends in the Daily Mail. Those two would be in the tabloids every week just like it was yesterday.

I would love to see Dynasty back, and there's plenty of the senior cast still around and tons of grand and great-grand children possibilities, even drawing upon Monica, Miles, and Bliss. I would certainly have Dominique's grand babies in the mix (no pun intended).

Sad to imagine a Dynasty not dressed by Nolan, though.

Archived