All Soaps: Casting News - Who's In & Who's Out?

Ben

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Neighbours

IN: Paula Abdul (as herself)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s14/neighbours/news/a558341/neighbours-paula-abdul-films-guest-appearance-for-karl-story.html

Should be a fun, if not random cameo. I didn't even realize she was an 80s Neighbours fan.

Carl: I'm surprised the actors playing Darren and Jack didn't make more of a fuss about the pointless recon of Darren's paternity. But, they haven't exactly said much about it either, so maybe their silence speaks volumes? I get the feeling that Gillian Taylforth quit due to lack of story and screen time. Her character has been a waste, and basically neutered. She came in strong, in control of her family, and within a couple of months became clueless and dim, weak and lacking control of her family, sliding on to the backburner. Her being retconed as Darren's mother has to be the most pointless plot in the history of HO, if not soap.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Let's see where we're at going into May ...

Who's In?:

Sue Jones (Pam Willis, NB) - returns May 5 (G)

Lorraine Hodgson (Anna McIntyre, CS) - recast/returns May (G)

Sair Khan (Ayla Nazir, CS) - debuts June

Jim McDonald (Charles Lawson, CS) - returns July (G)

Danny Miller (Aaron Livesy, ED)

John Partridge (Christian Clarke, EE) - (G)

Pauline McLynn (Yvonne Cotton, EE) - (G)

Victor Gardener (Rick, HO) - debuts May

Cameron Moore (Cameron, HO) - debuts June

Jorgie Porter (Theresa McQueen, HO)

--

Who's Out?:

Morgan Baker (Callum Jones, NB) - Exits June

Lisa Gormley (Bianca Scott, HA)

Lincoln Younes (Casey Braxton, HA)

Georgia May Foote (Katy Armstrong, CS)

Jamie Lomas (Jake Stone, ED)

Terry Alderton (Terry Spraggan, EE) - It's a good bet that he'll probably take his kids, T.J. and Rosie with him.

Patsy Palmer (Bianca Butcher, EE)

Joe Tracini (Dennis Savage, HO)

• Members

What?! I didn't know Joe Tracini is leaving HO. When was this confirmed?

Anyone else thing that if TJ leaves EE, it'll make Cindy's pregnancy pretty pointless? It would be silly if Terry's kids stayed when he leaves, but it also feels like Cindy's pregnancy would have more of a point if the father of her baby was still around to cause to drama.

• Members

How did I miss that?! Kinda a shame, as I've grown to like Dennis, and I can see his place within the show.

I think they just upped her from guest to recurring character. She hadn't been seen for months, and then she made a random, one episode appearance a week ago. It's possible, but they would have to do some major explaining to make it convincing, as I can't see Terry abandoning his kids to live with his flaky ex.

• Members

Emmerdale:

Mark Jordon (Daz Spencer, Dan's brother) - Debuts July - From Heartbeat, he is the "TV Legend" joining the show.

Amy Walsh (Role TBA) - Debuts July/August - Kimberly Walsh's sister. Previously on the fourth installment of Hollyoaks Later as Jenifique McQueen.

Archived