All Soaps: Casting News - Who's In & Who's Out?

Ben

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

EastEnders

Rachel Wilde (Nikki) has had her contract extended. Seems Terry's ex will sticking around for a little longer.

Hollyoaks

Lucy Dixon (Tilly) exits early January.

Neighbours

Taylor Glockner (Mason) exits sometime in 2014 - the character is being rested.

• Members

Very unpopular. However, recently I'v noticed some small improvements in his acting, thanks to Mason sharing scenes with acting legends Karl & Susan, and his slow burn relationship with Imogen has been quite nice. A part of me feels this may have been premature, but he's still a poor character, and I like that TPTB are listening to the fans... Jason Herbison has now taken over from Richard Jasek, and he's been with the show for over a decade, so this feels like his decision. The press release said he's being "rested", so it implies Mason may return at a later date. He is the second most (over) used character this year, and he only arrived in March!

• Members

He's moving on to another job. I think he may have been brought in just to clear up Susan Bower's mess, get the show into better health. It's certainly been a year of two halves: first half pretty great; latter half pretty poor. It's certainly improving again, since Jason Herbison has been co-producer (episodes airing he's co-producer, filming episodes he's now the EP).

• Members

In

Neighbours

Morgana O'Reilly (Naomi) - Sheila Canning's daughter. She'll début in March, and will be a regular character.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s14/neighbours/news/a540841/neighbours-morgana-oreilly-to-play-sheila-cannings-daughter-naomi.html

Coronation Street

Dean Fagan (Luke Britton) - Steph's brother

EastEnders

Malachi Kirby (Wayne Ladlow) - Nancy Carter's fiancé (G)

Rahkee Thakrar (Shabnam Masood) - recast début in January

Timothy West (Stan Carter) - Carter family patriarch

Annette Badland (Aunt Babe Smith) - Carter family's maternal aunt

Out

Coronation Street

Philip Lowrie (Dennis Tanner) exits in the summer of 2014

Home & Away

Dan Ewing (Heath Braxton) exits in 2014

Doctors

Nathan Wright (Chris Reid) exits sometime in 2014

• Members

No. I used to be a casual viewer in 2002-03, then more regular in 2004-05, which was when the show had decent characters and storylines (the patient-of-the-day stories could always be boring). I stopped when it became too miserable. Whenever I catch the odd episode now, they are always so boring; the main characters aren't as interesting as they were when I watched. I've read they're doing an amnesia story that is a copy of Susan's amnesia story from Neighbours, just less interesting. The show has a poor budget and the scripts lack dramatic tension.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

UPDATE

Who's In?

Coronation Street

Michael Le Vell (Kevin Webster) - week of 17/03

Les Dennis (Michael Rodwell)

EastEnders

Matt Di Angelo (Dean Wicks)

Danny-Boy Hatchard (Lee Carter)

Emmerdale

Verity Rushworth (Donna Windsor) (Recurring Guest) - week of 17/03 [5 month stint]

Home and Away

Bridgette Sneddon (Sophie)

Neighbours

Jane Hall (Rebecca Napier) (G) - 12/03 [uK Pace]

Tina Bursil (Kathy Carpenter) (G)

Morgana O'Reilly (Naomi Canning)

Matthew Werkmeister (Zeke Kinski) (G)

Kaiya Jones (Sophie Ramsay) (G)

Olympia Valance (Paige Novac)

Kym Valentine (Libby Kennedy) (G)

Benjie McNair (Malcolm Kennedy) (G)

Felix Mallard (Ben Fitzgerald) (G)

Lucinda Armstrong-Hall (Holly Hoyland) (G)

Who's Out?

Coronation Street

Philip Lowrie (Dennis Tanner)

Michelle Keegan (Tina McIntyre)

Michelle Collins (Stella Price)

Charlie Condou (Marcus Dent)

Chris Gascoyne (Peter Barlow)

EastEnders

Charlie Brooks (Janine Butcher) (G) - week of 17/03

Hetti Bywater (Lucy Beale)

Emmerdale

Wil Jonhson (Dom Andrews)

Hollyoaks

Gillian Taylforth (Sandy Roscoe)

Home and Away

Dan Ewing (Heath Braxton)

Marcus Graham (Harvey Ryan)

Neighbours

Taylor Glockner (Mason Turner) - 14/03 [uK Pace]

Ashleigh Brewer (Kate Ramsay)

• Members

One would hope Pam will return, but seeing as the actors that played Pam and Doug hated each other, it's unlikely that they would return together. I think that's sad. You also have to wonder why they wouldn't announce both returns at the same time, if Pam was coming back, too. I'd prefer Pam to return over Doug, just b/c Doug has already returned for the 20th anniversary in 2005, and it would be great to explore Pam's character again, especially as the actress is still working.

TPTB recently released some spoilers and foilers, and among them were the returns of Pam and Doug with a secret, and the returns of Gabby Willis and Cameron Hudson. It could be that they all had some degree of truth in them. With Doug returning, I could see them bringing back Gabby, instead, especially with her connection to Lassister's Hotel.

Yeah, Michael Le Vell is leaving again to complete a stint in rehab for his cocaine addiction. I guess he'll return (again) once he's better.

Archived