Worst PSA Story

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What makes it worse is that OLTL filmed the trail with Tea as Nick's lawyer and him having therapy with Marty. He was then gonna decide he needed to be around family & leave LLanview but that was all cut.

Plus There was gonna be a custody case for Sierra with Kim Vs Gigi Vs Kish Vs Fish's parents but that was cut

Makes me think ABC knew late fall they were drop Kish in early 2010 and just dropped their stories before any real payoff

• Members

Oh Lord, speaking of B&B:

When they tried to do a 1-2 punch with Kristen's husband who was Latino and had HIV, and adopt that poor kid South African kid Zende who sounded more like he was from the streets of South Central L.A.

The part about Kristen loving and living with a man with HIV had promise but then they tried to tie everything up in a neat bow with this instant, highly diverse family.

After I saw an actual group hug with Kristen, Tony and Zende that looked like it had been lifted from a Benetton ad, with the smiling Forresters looking on, I just knew that was probably the last we'd see of these characters anyway. Other than an occasional appearance by mostly solo Kristen, B&B pretty much confirmed my suspicion that it was a band aid, stop-over storyline with no lasting future--it was of the moment, what just happened to be in the headlines at the time.

• Members

abuse comes in all forms. There was nothing about Kristina that made her immune to being abused. If anything it showed that it could happen to anyone. She had self esteem issues, most likely tied to her upbringing and associated with her poor relationship with her father. It made sense why she would allow herself to let that happen to her justifying the need to be wanted and loved by a man, even if he was hurting her.

• Members

Just bc he was preppy doesn't mean he couldn't have a violent streak. Some of the rich kids are among the worst bc they have a sense of entitlement and think they are untouchable bc of this false sense of power they feel that their money gives them. Harvard is just a school and yes even horrible people get in there.

• Members

It is true that abuse is more common in wealthier circles (particularly child abuse), but what I think frequentsoapfan was getting at was that despite Kristina's insecurities, what abusive or non abusive kid like Keifer would want to be tangled up with someone like Kristina in the first place. It would have been more believable if it was Lulu or Maxie a decade ago. Entitled or not, you just don't hear about too many WASP's going after Mafia princesses.

• Members

Exactly I'm not saying he couldn't have a violent streak because he's preppy. The Craiglist Killer was a good example of that. But Kristina is not just some regular girl with daddy issues. Her father is a mob boss constantly featured in the papers and her brother was in a coma for a year as a result of a botched hit. Keifer would've stayed out of her orbit. Like you said it would've been more believable with someone like Lulu or Maxie.

• Members

I bought it bc Sonny wasn't really in Kristina's life. He was there from a distance but she didn't have much of a relationship with him. Keifer obviously didn't start dating her so he could start abusing her. He had a genuine attraction to her at first and he didn't get involved with her knowing he was going to get violent. That didn't happen until much later in their relationship after he got comfortable and he started to lose his temper. He got scared the first time he beat her and almost got caught but then she covered for him and it gave him security knowing that he could control her like that and not face any repercussions, even from her father.

• Members

But nonetheless, it wasn't a compelling PSA story. Did Keifer have the right background, yes, did Kristina have the right personality, pretty much, but again two characters that should have never crossed paths. Now had Ned been her father and Alexis and Ned were divorced and Kristina grew up to be a timid and impressionable young girl, it would have been more character driven than plot driven. All I saw was Kristina getting beat up by her boyfriend and her father abusing women with his demeanor and tone. I don't think the latter is what Guza was trying to express.

Had Labine written this story it would have been great... with different characters too.

• Members

He started smacking her around shortly after we were introduced to him though. From what we saw the abuse started happening shortly after they got together. Like a month after the kids were sorased he was putting his hands on her.. And he didn't show fear. I never felt that he was afraid of her father finding out. Even after the body guards threatened him he turned right around to smack her up again. It wasn't until he beat her to a pulp that he showed fear of getting caught but that was because of how it would ruin his goals and dreams.

Archived