All soaps - actors who were quickly dropped

• Members

Blazo was gorgeous. Porcelain skin, beautiful eyes, smile and hair, killer body. Pat had stopped working as a character for a while before Malcolm left. If the show had fixed this, instead of just playing out that dull Nancy/Pat story, if they had written to Blazo's strengths, I believe he would have been a fan favorite.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OLTL - Ken Kenitzer and Nafessa Wiliams...thankfully!

DAYS - I'm sure some have already said this (didn't have time to read the whole thread) but Charity Rahmer. She was so painfully bad!

Y&R - Russell Lawrence. He was on Y&R for a few months a while back as Matt Clark and was quickly fired while the character was recast. And I just remembered William Russ as Tucker!! I started watching again when he was brought on but then he was fired. I don't mind Stephen Nichols but since Russ was fired, I didn't see any reason to go back to watching Y&R again since I didn't like anything else about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

AHHHH, I have to disagree. Joan was a great Alex and brought the role closer to Bev's then Marj ever could or was allowed to (JFP wanted Alex to be what she became, a shrieking ineffectual rich bitch which Bev fought.) I remember the scene where she got the chance to finally put Cruella Deville Carmen in her place, "And *I* am Alexandra Spaulding, and I couldn't care less!" Joan was supposed to be short term and I do think the schedule was too much for her, but they didnt get rid of her as she was bad. I loved GL at that time.

Poor Marj, I lover HER, I just can't stand her Alex (always thought she would have been better as a woman who married into money as she never gives off the "To the Manor Born," think that Alex needs.)

• Members

I agree I thought that she did fairly well as Faith during the brief time she played the part. I think the reason she was canned was because she and the actor playing Pat didn't have chemistry. She fit well with her family, and had some great chemistry with Justin Deas.. but didn't have any with Pat.. and they were the tortured couple. She seemed too mature for him, for some reason.

• Members

When ATWT began, mercurial Irna Phillips quickly dropped Will Lee as Grandpa Hughes and Hal Studer as Don Hughes.Also, she wasn't happy with Helen Wagner as Nancy and after 13 weeks Nancy headed off to see her ill sister Pearl.

When Helen played hardball about returning Irna then begged her to return.

• Members

I don't remember ATWT ever mentioning a Pearl later on. It's too bad.

I like that Helen didn't give a crap about leaving ATWT until she came back on her terms. She did that repeatedly.

Irna was known for replacing so many actors early on. I know she did that quite a few times at AW.

• Members

Was Cam really fired? He's had minor success in movies now so I guess he can't complain.

Carlos on AMC was awful, maybe the worse male actor I remember from AMC . They had no idea how to write for him either--he was sending poetry to Greenlee? but oh, he wasn't? And umm? He was a janitor? But a spy? McTavish came on and quickly brought on Juan Pablo, his brother and killed him off, who stuck around longer. Juan was borderline incoherent, but he was certainly a big step up from Carlos.

Archived