DAYS: New Will Has Been Cast!

• Members

Oh yeah... I forgot that an early 20s character should look 36 on soap operas today.

(Edit: While I don't find it too unusual that he looks a little young, I don't understand why don't often hire actors who are age-appropriate. Back in the olden days, they actually cast teenagers to play teenagers! Fortunately, Guy Wilson will be 28 instead of 38.)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She really needs to go. There's just no rooting factor with her. And her voice reminds me of Heather Lauren Olsen (was that her name?), the original Jan Spears.

Guy Wilson. Love the name. Perfect for the WilSon pairing. Looks like a cutie patootie. We'll see how he gels with his castmates.

• Members

i think she's great, but DAYS need to buff her character up, a bit. She's pretty... paper-thin.She can't do anything. It's like... whatever. But, it's great how she's a counterpoint to Jennifer and her goody-goody daughter. I would like her to have a more backbone, and NOT be infatuated with Daniel... but, it's pretty obvious DAYS are going down the Jen + Daniel, and Theresa obsessed w/ Daniel and trying to break 'em up, route. Meh.

• Members

Yes, I think that's what bothers me the most. He has this swollen, pudgy look about him that I don't like. This just makes me wish even more that they had written Will out and let Sonny have someone new. I hate that the show let Brant Daugherty get away. He was so hot with Sonny, much hotter than Sonny and Will I thought.

• Members

Where is this guys' puffiness? Above his chiseled jaw and cheekbones? (He'd fit in with the Forrester clan)

Sheesh, can you imagine how harsh the critics/haters would be if Freddie Smith were a recast? He's got a puffy face, sometimes bloated, sometimes sickly pale looking, and zero muscle tone (someone needs to buy him some free weights and force him to start lifting them).... But because he's the original actor of the untouchable holy gay pairing, he's practically perfect in people's eyes. SMH

• Members

People have attacked Freddie Smith's appearance for quite a while, especially during the era when some believed that Chandler Massey smirking at James Scott in every scene meant they were going to be a supercouple and Sonny was dog [!@#$%^&*] in comparison.

This guy looks OK to me, but ultimately unless you're an asexual Ken doll, you will get hate from fans.

DAYS fans are just lucky they aren't getting most of the dross coughed up on Y&R and GH in recent years.

• Members

Whether or not he's attractive doesn't bother me. There are tons of guys on soaps who have been elevated to "hunk" status, and I just don't see it. I just think he looks ridiculously young, especially considering he's five years older than CM, but maybe he'll look older onscreen.

Meanwhile, I've always had a...soft spot...for cuddly soap guys. Freddie Smith and Brandon Buddy are my favorite stuffed animals.

• Members

Guy Wilson · 805 like this
15 minutes ago near Los Angeles ·
  • Yes, I am the new 'Will Horton' on "Days of Our Lives". This is a dream come true for me. But I do have some very big shoes to fill; Chandler Massey's talent is beyond measure. I've always admired Chandler's work and to now follow in his footsteps is truly an honor. I am so excited to share this adventure with all of you!!!

Archived