DAYS: New Will Has Been Cast!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Guy Wilson has been cast as the new Will Horton. Look for him to debut right around the first week of January, 2014. Jen Lilley (Theresa) spilled the beans on his casting earlier today. Wilson, who turns 28 in November, was born on November 21, 1985 in San Francisco, California and was raised in Sebastopol, California. Although he began his acting career in theater, Wilson made the transition to the film industry at the age of 15. Wilson has made numerous guest stints on such shows as "Cold Case", "Castle", "NCIS", "Bones", "Major Crimes", "Hawaii Five-0" and "Breaking Bad." His daytime debut came in 2006, when he appeared as a teenage version of Luke Spencer (Anthony Geary).

In an interview from 2011 at http://suite101.com/a/getting-to-know-actor-guy-wilson-a337514, Wilson stated how he got into acting: "My mother is a musical composer and a musician, and when I was nine years old she was the musical director of a local performance of A Christmas Carol in Santa Rosa, California, which is where I grew up, about 50 miles north of San Francisco in a small town called Sebastopol. My mom asked me if I wanted to be in it, and I said sure, and so they gave me the part of Tiny Tim, which was a perfect part for me given my stature at the time. I did that, and I loved it. I sort of kept doing theater as a child, and then when I was 15, I realized and decided that I wanted to be a movie star. I wanted to be on film and television.I got an agent in San Francisco with an agency called Look Talent, and was with them for a couple of years while I was still in high school in northern California. Shortly thereafter, I got a manager in Los Angeles who worked with young talent. She was able to start getting me some auditions down here.And I didn't really have a lot of success early on, but it gave me some experience in the Los Angeles industry, and not just in San Francisco, such that by the time I graduated high school in 2004, I knew that I'd be able to come down here and have some idea of what I needed to do to have success in the film and television industry here in L.A...I never really did any theater in my high school. I studied at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco when I was 17, but I just focused more on auditioning for projects that were casting in San Francisco, like Monk, for example. A lot of Volkswagen commercials at the time were being cast in San Francisco. So there was this small niche there."

Wilson discussed his thoughts on playing a gay teen on "NCIS" in 2011 and had this to say about the episode: "Honestly, I think the first thing that comes to mind is confidence as an actor. That role on NCIS for so many reasons was the most important work I've done to date. And not just because of the size of the role or the amount of time I had on screen. But just because of the important nature of the debate. When you can do what you love in a forum that also addresses social issues, that is truly what it's all about. To have an opportunity to play I believe one of the first openly gay characters on the show, and to do it with such a strong surrounding cast, it was truly a blessing. It's not that I was nervous going into it, but I also knew that I had made it. When I was driving to set each morning, I was able to step back and recognize that I was no longer on the outside looking in. I belong here. I have what it takes to tell this kind of a story. And I can just let go and have fun doing it and just trust my instincts.The fact that it turned out so wonderful, the kind of positive reaction the episode has gotten—and I've gotten a lot of very positive feedback from people at CBS and viewers—sort of validates the belief I've had in myself, and that every actor tries to cultivate. That we as individuals belong in this town and that pursuing your dream as an actor is worthwhile." For more of the interview, please visit: http://suite101.com/a/actor-guy-wilson-recalls-his-guest-roles-on-castle-and-ncis-a337521

wilsonguy2013.jpg

Archived