All My Children: Who are Dr. Anders and that woman in the picture?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Early 30s? I think you are being too generous. Anders looks at least 40 to me and I think they are making him be in his 40s since he's paired opposite Cady McClain. Dixie's been a cougar in the past but I dont think thats the vibe they are going for here. Even then she of course has the whole age/look inconsistency thing going on there herself so I wouldnt think too much of it

I have no clue who the heck Tony Barclay is but I dont think it matters. I think Ander is an original character and not intended to be a recast.

Back to Danfling's post, if the Ander's mystery woman was Jenny, why the heck would they recast a picture instead of just using shots of the original? That doesnt make much sense unless they were A) bringing her back from the dead or B.) filming flashbacks. I just dont see either happening. For a show that so far is relatively grounded in reality, its probably best they dont do the former

• Members

Is it meth or crack you're on? Either way, I'm staging an intervention stat!

Tony was Jenny's modeling partner in New York who was supposed to marry her as a publicity stunt arranged by Jenny & Erica's modeling agent, Olga. Greg broke up the wedding and declared his love for Jenny. A few months afterward, Tony went crazy and tried to kill Greg, which led to Jenny's death on an exploding jet-ski in 1984.

There's no chance of Dr Anders being revealed as Tony; it was just a really bad joke by danfling.

• Members

I know how old he is, which goes to my point about the whole age and look inconsistency this show has going on. Some people dont age as well and he easily looks to be in his 40s. He looks very close to his potential love interest who is 43 so they visually work well together. The whole JR, AJ and Dixie mess the show did with the recasting really screws things up so its kind of hard to take ages seriously and place concrete number on things unless explicitly stated

• Members

I agree Dixie and Anders look like they could be a couple. Just saying as someone who saw Tony Barcly on AMC, yeah JP woi;d not pass that test. Its just as bad as AMC trying to make fans buy Jamie Luner as Liza. JL great actress wrong for liza IMHO, especially when Beth Chamberlin & Ki,m Johnston Urlich were available

• Members

nah I think this would be worse than the JL situation whom was cast as Liza in 2009 when she was about 38. Its 4 years later and JP would be a 37 year old playing a character from that original early 80s young adult set. That doesn't even take into account the time jump the show has done since

• Members

Recasting is the way the same show introduced a new Skye Cudahy when Carrie Geisel (sp) joined the show. Also, when the character of Josh Waleski returned to Pine Valley, he had a new name and a new profession (Rev. Elliott Freeman) and was being played by a new actor. Therefore, the audience did not know him.

Janet Marlowe Dillon also returned from prison with a new face.

Jenny could have been in a nursing home all these years, rather than having actually died. I don't think that would have been too much difference in the ages of Jenny and Dixie.

But, if these two characters are not Tony and Jenny, who are they?

• Members

when the original actor does not return, recasting is ALWAYS the way a character is brought back. That's kind of obvious. In all the cases you mention, all of those characters were brought back and actually written for as they were reintegrated into the canvas. The show didn't recast a picture

Who are they? How about Dr. Carter Anders and his mystery woman whom the show has yet to reveal? I dont see why they have to be recasts

Archived