AMC/OLTL: What PP should have done IMO

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't understand why people bring that [!@#$%^&*] here to random, unrelated AMC and OLTL threads when they haven't even listened to it themselves. That means you, cassadine. At best, this needs to be moved to the In Production thread.

SInce it's here though, I listened to the podcast yesterday and I may have skipped around it here and there but I don't think I missed anything re: PP. Just to get it out of the way, I didn't get the impression that Giddens was holding back re: any talk of cancellation. He didn't mention any danger of that at all. He said he'd heard things about the shows but couldn't repeat them - I assume that's the same stuff some of us are hearing and won't repeat right now, and none of that has to do with cancellation.

They were surprisingly even-handed about the shows this time around, though none of them have any substantial history with OLTL as a viewer pre-Ron and that has always annoyed me when they start talking about the show. I don't agree with them about OLTL needing a full "reboot" or Eric Nelsen needing to go, but I thought they were a lot more fair than they ever had been and finally started treating them as more than an afterthought. And as they implictly noted, any modern soap in its first year had as many if not more kinks than these soaps thus far, with ten times the funding and corporate apparatus to prop it up.

• Members

I'm not being OCD, you're being stupid.

Remember that AMC spoiler you posted and acted like it was everyone else being oversensitive? You act like you're allowed to spoil these shows willy-nilly and it's fine because everyone is as obsessive and overly eager as you, and you can just spew [!@#$%^&*] anywhere in any thread and often say or do things without thinking or checking into them, and it's okay because you're just so excited and enthusiastic all the time. That's not the case. It's not okay. You're acting like a fool. Stop.

If you're going to say things or post links, read or listen to the [!@#$%^&*] you're talking about first instead of just posting them and making [!@#$%^&*] up because you're so excited and want to be first and be on the scene. Not that it's like this podcast has anything to do with any of these threads, but you keep posting them anyway.

• Members

No, it actually [!@#$%^&*] is your problem.

Don't post [!@#$%^&*] you don't read or listen to yourself, and don't post it anywhere if it has nothing to do with the thread. These podcasts are interesting but they have virtually nothing to do with these topics. And you know that, but because you've decided you are the #1 Fan you can do whatever you want. You're wrong.

• Members

THIS. More people need to acknowledge this when getting so upset about these shows. One of the very few soaps I can think of that started off well was (ironically enough), Passions. Y&R history books say that adding Katherine Chancellor is what gave that show a jolt. Having watched Ryan's Hope and Port Charles from the beginning, both were terrible and Ryan's Hope became one of the greatest soaps of all-time. Santa Barbara I've never seen, but I've heard it started off rough. DAYS, OLTL and AMC are soaps I think started well and I thought B&B was good from the beginning as well.

Basically, I'm willing to cut them slack on certain things, not everything, but the obvious growing pains of a new soap in a new medium on a budget. Everybody always laughs at their money problems, but these are basically independent productions. Give them time.

• Members

How is he acting like a fool? All he does is post a damn link and YOU fly off the handle bars.

I get the feeling you are one of those lonely miserable souls that has nothing better to do except try to make other people feel has low as you. You really need to stop attacking people. You can only hide behind the computer screen and treat it like a shield for so long...

• Members
lol at someone making allmc look sane (no offense allmc!)

Im not a fan of it. It is what it is and Im not going to complain about it now but it was completely unnecessary. Nothing about the show since its debuted necessitated a jump 5 years. The only thing it accomplished was SORASing the kids but that was needed for that as soaps have been aging kids for decades with jumping into the future for that

Archived