GH50: August 2013 Discussion

• Members

Hey, I'm a mature female that is simply telling other posters how I feel about KA. Again, I will say that I watched her as a child actress and thought she was wonderful. That doesn't mean that she's going to grow up to be a drop dead gorgeous 20 year old. She's a mess on this show!

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You aren't incorrect, I suppose but I guess my question is why is it only "mean girl" when it has to do with KA? People have been bashing and going on and on about Jackie Zeman, Joan van Ark, Leslie Charleson, etc. for years. Why isn't that bullshit? Why isn't it middle school when the same people who defend Ka in this thread, go after Kirsten Storms incessantly? Why isn't it bad when we make fun of Farah Fath's wig? Nothing that's said about KA is any worse or really any more often than any of the others I've mentioned (and more).

• Members

The best part of the eppy was AJ choking that clown! Almost worth the 2 hours it seemed I gave up. How many flashbacks were there today?

I though Michael was kind of funny lecturing Ava on lying about a child's paternity considering the things Carly did. Lol. That was just too rich.

Mac and Felicia being pulled into Kaka's sh!t? LMAO! Really?!

Tracy and Liz was just a mess! Liz starting the whole thing about Tracy ruining AJ getting his life together? GMAFB. Lizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's "Song of AJ" aint being played on my MP3, so cut it the !@#$%^&*] out! I found the scenes long and tiresome!

• Members

Exactly. Everyone's looks get dissected it's the nature of the beast when you are on tv. My girl Vanessa gets ragged on all the time for her looks and, yes, I'll admit her face does look different and I don't fault people for stating the obvious. KA is not wildly unattractive, but she's not a stunningly attractive beauty. It's not her fault gh is pimping her that way, but her bad acting really doesn't help her cause.

• Members

I kind of feel the same way. I mean, part of it is that I'm only two years older than her, and grew up watching her, but still...I understand not thinking she's talented, I understand thinking she's on GH WAY too much, I understand thinking she's a homewrecker (but Chad is the one who broke his vows, he's just as guilty as she is), and I definitely understand not finding her attractive, but sometimes I can't help but think, she's just a young girl. I mean, I'm 24, and I still think of myself as a young girl, even though I'm a legal adult now. I'm admittedly very sensitive by nature anyway, but I'd hate to think that there's a bunch of people out there who think I'm ugly (for the record, I'm often told I'm quite pretty--but unlike KA, I have yet to have a boyfriend at all [or even a first date of any kind], and I think she's had a few. Figure that one out.). I'll admit some of the comments on her can be funny, and I'm certainly as guilty as anyone on commenting on one's looks in a less than positive light (including those underage...and honestly, it would be worse if KA was still under 18 and this stuff was being said about her), but sometimes I can't help but think...there are so many young girls who develop eating disorders over their looks, and those, even those who actually are quite attractive, who feel they aren't, and that's just devastating to me. And of course, people are more than their looks.

I do think Kristen was a cute little girl, but yeah, you really can't predict what puberty will do with child stars (or in fact, any child, for that matter). Erin Torpey, IMO, is an example of a soap kid who grew up to be quite beautiful, but I suppose that might be YMMV. (Interestingly enough, she, KA, and EA all hail from the same town: Doylestown, PA).

That's all I'll say about this, though. I promise. smile.png

• Members

She's a young woman who posts pictures and silly [!@#$%^&*] from her life with her friends and family. I'm still not seeing what's petty or inappropriate about that, or what about that shows any kind of poor character on her part. 99% of social media users (particular in her age range) do the exact same thing, not a few of them being on this board.

As for the "married man," it's a little late for us to begin judging daytime stars who [!@#$%^&*] around - that's been going on for decades and no one cares. Since I don't know them personally it's not in me to render a moral judgment, especially not for two very young people where Chad Duell clearly married way too young and regretted it. Who cares?

• Members

Its too bad Chad went down in looks quota..I mean real low.....lol....anyways back to the soap

I cant believe all the garbage Morgan was spewing to Mac and Felicia.....Morgan is pathetic that he thinks Kaka is the only girl in Port Charles especially considering she isn't much of a catch. I cant wait though until everything blows up and Morgan faces Sonny once again.

• Members

I thought nuMorgan was cute at first but his nostrils are starting to annoy me and his facial hair looks so itchy. This triangle blows. It's sad he's going to such lengths for a girl he (and his brother) barely know. Ridiculous.

Archived