• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So I'm watching right now (to see if Ryan Bittle adjusts his junk... lol) and who is in one of the Hulu commercials? The girl who plays Heather. A booking.com commercial. For a second I thought it was a scene I missed earlier since I mute the ads.

As for the junk adjusting... totally possible. He was grabbing at something down there.

The jokes about his crusty nails will never not make me laugh.

• Members

I've been enjoying Colby from the get go even with the silliness but Brooke Newton was a rockstar this week. The contrast between Colby in the 2 eps worked really well watching them back to back & she conveys so much with her facial expressions. She even makes me like Celia as the exasperated, confused second banana who always seems to be waking three steps behind her. But her stuff with Cass was just good soap- well written, well acted, well directed. Loved her telling Cass she knows a lot of people but she's her only friend- it was wonderfully sad and honest. Ginger Smith plugged those scenes in her Fairman interview and she was not bluffing at all. And I absolutely loved her stuff with David- there was something just very sweet about him asking her what she needed and finding her shoes and then her falling into his arms at the end. I don't want to fall for them because I don't think that's where the show is going but I think I already did.

Really would have liked to see a little more of Pete finding about Cassandra as well as Dixie finding out about Billy Clyde. If I remember right, he didn't reveal his name and AJ didn't seem to recognize/know of him? But I feel greedy complaining because the second ep this week had me pretty much over the moon with AMC. And I did really think the BCT/Dixie scene was effective even with the fact that we've only had 1 scene of them prior.

Continue to like the teens so much but I can't with Hunter. Don't know why but I found it bizarre then oddly funny that AJ was writing Oliver's name on Miranda's back. I really do like Heather so much and hope they resist the urge to make her a crazy stalker type when they go full steam on AJ/Miranda.

Im wondering when my nostalgic joy at the sound of Michael Nader's voice will wear off. It still hasn't. Opal was fun & I love her bond with Pete. The Brooke scene with Celia was actually pretty good too- I like that she's becoming another motherless girl for Brooke to guide. Its a good use of Brooke & a good way to work in Celia to the canvas. The vision was legit scary & now that its not the Celia show, I am really ready and I think excited for some movement there.

Forgot to check who wrote the script on ep 2 but whoever they are, excellent stuff.

• Members

I'm going to continue to be forgiving of these dropped scenes until we get into the next round of shows but I really hope they stop glossing over some of these interactions. It's a chance to add depth and we can certainly lose one or two AJ/Miranda tickle fights or conversations about their being best friends to make room.

• Members

Colby has just been unbearably terrible from the get-go to me -- the acting has been weak and the writing is absolutely ridiculous -- but then came those scenes with Cassandra and I suddenly liked her. I'm so glad they're calling back to that (easily forgettable, IMO) era of youngsters and mining the history to build something useful here.

I am just beyond tired of the Colby/Pete/Celia stuff. Celia is getting much more tolerable, but what does Colby even want? Why is she interested in Pete to the point of mean-girling Celia nonstop? It isn't even that I hate the setup, it's that Colby comes across as so stupid and obvious. But building up Colby's other relationships clearly could help a lot, and Brooke Newton showed some potential in those scenes with Cass!

• Members

It's interesting how polarizing these young characters are. But that is a good point, I never really thought about--the last time we saw all these characters was under (I believe) Brown/Esensten (did it go into the Pratt era with the kids thinking they ran over Richie or was that still B/E?)

I wonder if we are still losing scenes or if they were always missing--but I agree that I'll give the show the benefit of the doubt right now. Certainly in Ginger Smith's interview, she seemed really aware (to me) about how important those types of scenes were to the show and how they had been missing.

Watched the first episode, but will add more comments when I've seen both (yes, I'm trying to force myself not to watch all of these on Monday...) Oh, for the record I didn't really think JR was adjusting his junk, I think he was just doing up his pants tongue.png

• Members

Terrific episodes (Yes I'm finally all caught up.) Particularly the last one. Yeah, we missed some beats I really wanted with the Billy Clyde stuff--but I really liked Dixie's letter.

I wonder how Petey did find out about Cass? Still, I've been a bit on the fence about Colby's (or Brooke's acting in the role.) I enjoy her and how she spices things up, but did see some of Vee's critique that she's too drag queen. Her stuff with Cass was great because it sorta showed the actress being aware that when Colby acts that way she is playing a role. I admit for a second I was worried Cass would be thrilled with her makeover--I swear on some other shows she would be... And the abortion talk was pretty smart--I'm still not sure if she actually will have one (I hope so...) from the trailers, but..

• Members

Last week Anders told Pete that if he wanted an endorsement for David's new biotech device he should go see Angie. I assume that's what he was doing at the hospital. Again, another scene that I wish we could've gotten: Pete approaching Angie on business only to find out about Cass.

• Members

I am very satisfied with the Colby/ Cassandra scenes. It shows tha the Producers and Writers did their HW about their friendship. I loved the whole set-up: shallow Colby does not even know how to begin to address a distressed Cassandra. I only wish the writers made it appear as if the ladies did galivante together in Paris. It would have humanized Colby more, showing that she did more than burn through Daddy's dollars for the last few years.

Cobly running into David's arms after was so devestating. I am actually rooting for David/ Colby now despite being an early detractor due to the fact that he helped Liza give birth to her.

So is Canary completely out of the game as Adam? Is his being in the promos and opening all a "bait and switch" to get old viewers back? I know Jacob Young said he was not suprised that Canary was reprising his role since the studio is down the street from his home in CT. Or is there more the story? Is Canary not well enough health wise to continue on the show?

I just hate that so much of the storylines are revolved around the Chandlers, and the missing patriarch is glowing omission.

I think Julia Barr is looking as fine as ever. I would love her to be a little more of a bitch on wheels again. I hope she begins treating Colby like the trash she is. I would Brooke's fiery streak to be back. She could go to war with the blood Chandlers, JR and Colby, and win hands down.

• Members

I loved that. You could tell she was at wits end and so she started out by showing up with the only thing she could think to offer: clothes and makeup. I really started bawling when Cass told her to leave and Colby said no. Suddenly this overcompensating mean girl turned into a strong, supportive young woman. I'm naming Colby the Ho of the Week.

• Members

That would have been a really good scene I think. Not that Pete was needing humanization like Colby but it still would have been interesting to see him with Angie, hearing such bad news about his old friend. I know we've had other missed moments here and there but that and Dixie finding about BCT helping AJ are the first beats that I'm really actually pretty bummed they couldn't show us on AMC.

• Members

I agree I wish they had said Colby HAD hung out with Cass in Paris, but agreed with everything you've said.

I assume you had been listening and reading the interviews--so sorry if this is redundant but this has come up a LOT lately--David Canary is "semi retired"--Ginger Smith, in particular said it's all up to him when to come back but she seemed certain he would, but it's all on his terms so not the fault of the writers or producers not wanting to use him.

Oh dear, that never crossed my mind... It does seem odd--though I think he was involved in some theatre (?) project--not on stage but in an off stage capacity.

Archived