• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ep 44

The Colby/Cass scenes were everything I'd hoped for both characters. We finally got a glimpse of Cass moving past this (when was the last time she smiled?) and it was the perfect thing to crack Colby's brittle, bitchy shell. Sal did better with the scenes than I had expected from the preview and Brooke kicked ass. She's at least as good a crier as Lindsay. Kudos to the show for showing a realistic conversation between two women about abortion and extra points for making that conversation the one where Cass was finally able to own her decision. Angie may love her daughter but her mere presence was pressure Cass didn't need. I wonder how Angie is going to react towards Colby because of this. I suspect it'll make Opal's trash talk look like afternoon tea.

Dixie's letter to Billy Clyde was really moving and something I wasn't expecting. I haven't been that into Billy Clyde mainly because I barely understand what he says but I'm glad the show chose to have them find some resolution. Having Dixie be wary but willing to show gratitude was good for her character. She's always tended towards sanctimony so this was a refreshing change.

David and Angie...sigh. She brings out the best in him. I know I'm always going on about GL's Roger/Maureen but D&A actually remind me of grown up version of Jesse/Jenny. I also liked David being there for Colby. I found their afterglow interview to be kind of skeevy so it was nice to see them be friends with benefits with the accent on FRIENDS.

There's no way Adam would hang up the phone when Dimitri answered. It would've been "Who the blazes are you?!"

Love Pete being so excited for Opal. I smile anytime those two share scenes. AMC does a very good job of writing both Pete and AJ as genuinely good guys without turning them into a couple of Ryan Laverys. Although AJ does seem to have Ryan's temper issues. Every Opal scene just makes me retroactively curse ABC for all the years they pushed her off on the fringe.

Much like last week was about mothers and daughters, it felt like this ep was about friendship and resolution.

• Members

I only watched the first episode so far. I'm loving the rivalry between Celia and Colby. This is a classic soap relationship and like many times in the past, the womens interactions are more interesting than the bland man they're fighting over. I feel like that early Celia/Petey stuff made it so difficult to like her, but now I'm coming around. She works as a supporting character.The AJ/Miranda stuff was okay, but is becoming a little tiresome. I need Miranda to get another friend. She feels too isolated, especially since AJ/Miranda will eventually be a couple. She will need someone to support her once that level of drama begins.

• Members

The show needs to cut its losses with Boreanda and AJ and focus the younger set on Pete, Colby and Cassandra. In particular, Colby and Pete are the main reasons I watch. I think especially given Colby's relationship with David, David's relationship with Angie and then factoring in Colby and Cassandra's friendship, there could be something pretty interesting brewing.

I can't begin to say how much of a standout Brooke Newton is as Colby, they have been very smart to make her so central. Her sparring with Opal last week was a highlight and seeing a softer side to her this week was nice too.

• Members

Brooke Newton in that second episode proved that I wasn't being unrealistic in my demands for the younger actors. She had brilliantly built up this bitchy diva character, but she is giving so many layers and so much attention is paid to her relationship with each actor she interacts with. Her scenes with Cassandra and David were just another excellent extension on that. She was FANTASTIC! After seeing her episode-after-episode, I expend MORE from the other awkward younger actors. I will give Sal a little credit in that she was a little better with Colby, but she still needs a TON of work.

• Members

Loved this week's episodes of AMC. The Billy Clyde/Dixie scene was quite touching. The scenes with the teens at the beach were beautiful. Love how they're hopefully building a triangle between Dimitri, Brooke, and Opal. Can you imagine the fireworks if and when Erica returns to Pine Valley? Celia's memory flash was chilling. The chemistry between David and Angie is intense. Bring on the affair! And Brooke Newton knocked my socks inside out with Colby's scenes with Cass. Beautifully done!

• Members

Well they could use Celia as that friend Miranda is needing especially since it appears as if Heather is interested in AJ (not spoiler.. just based on some of Heather's expressions). What would be interesting is that Celia would be caught between Heather/Miranda since she would be friendly with both of them. Celia is good as a supporting character as opposed to a lead character.. imho

• Members

Ep 44

When did Dixie find out about Billy Clyde saving AJ? Hate that we didn't get to see any of that.

Did anyone else notice the f-ckery that was going on with that busboy extra in the background when BCT was finishing up reading the letter? That girl totally botched the shot. She didn't know where to go. LOL

LMFAO at Colby: "Why don't you call...what's her name? Cilantro? Oh, right...she doesn't put out" laugh.pnglaugh.png

But then...wow, just wow at the Colby/Cass scenes. Bravo! Brooke Newton brought me to tears! I really liked how Colby came in trying to act like her usual mall girl glam self, then she slowly broke down w/each makeup story. It was beautiful to watch. They really needed to do that with Colby's character. Again, bravo!

Did Joe not look like a million bucks in this episode? Wow! Same for Opal, Dimitri, BCT & Brooke. They all shimmered.

Loved Opal filling Jane in on the peeps of PV, including Zach, the "hottie" who "used to be hitched to Erica Kane's daughter" biggrin.png

Opal: "Well Joan and Melissa move over, Opal is in the house!" LOVE IT!

Archived