• Members

Dropped scene according to this week's SOD recap. Marked spoiler just in case because its very spoilery and could still happen down the road.

Kind of bummed I inadvertently stumbled upon that but for thought those of you who like to know ahead might be interested.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Again, I can't imagine they'd butcher that arc - which seems like it's all Agnes's baby, given the characters and focus (first Pete and Celia as Cliff and Nina, then

- but maybe they're putting it off.

• Members

If what you guys put in the spoiler tag was the original intent, I'm hoping that the writers do tweak it then... it would have been good to tie her to that character, but in a different way.. and also could have opened the door for other past characters to return.

With that said, perhaps the show is opting to change it hence why scenes have been cut. I think it would make more sense to connect Celia to another character already on the canvas given the gothic nature of her early scenes.

This past week's episodes weren't spliced.. however, since previous episodes were spliced.. things like Miranda mentioning her conversation with her mother... plus Dixie finding out about BCT helping AJ/Miranda were mentioned. I think they must have cut a lot of Dixie scenes since one episode she's pissed at BCT demanding his arrest.. while acting frantic to Joe.. then a few weeks later willing to forgive him. No scenes showing her coming to the place of forgiveness. This is why I wished both shows had opted to just not splice the episodes and let them air as filmed/written. Sure fans would have bitched, but sometimes I think TPTB shouldn't listen to the viewers.

With that said, I think the set-up to the Chandler Gala has been pretty decent and I'm expecting some nice fireworks to go off. Plus, I really hope Cassandra goes through with the abortion.. and this from a pro-lifer smile.png Plus, I think Jesse/Angie should have tensions because what married couple doesn't have tension... but I'm really hoping a future episode shows Jesse/Angie in couples counseling.. and that they focus on their issues. While I like David/Angie.. I only want them as friends.. reminds me of Roger/Maureen from the GL era.

Opal as fashion police= win!! Brooke/Dimitri becoming closer is a good move.. though this story just screams for Erica!! I'm sure David Canary can be persuaded to come back if they block film his scenes in a two or three day period.. Then he can go back into semi-retirement until the next day or two of block filming for him is needed. I think Adam/Erica seething with jealousy over Brooke/Dimitri working together would be storyline gold! I think the twist would be that Brooke/Dimitri are just good work friends (ala Edmund/Brooke back in the day).. while Erica/Adam team up to keep them apart only for it to blow up in their face.. and Brooke/Dimitri end up getting together!?!?! Then I could see Erica deciding to get back into the talk show business.. and has her own competing internet show.. while she and Brooke compete over guests... Brooke trying the hard-hitting style while Erica doing the more soft-hitting style... and in an ironic twist.. Erica's style winning! It would be a good twist if Erica beats Brooke in the professional realm.

I would like the show to explain how/what caused Colby to morph into a Paris Hilton-clone.. None of the previous Colby's were like this.. Colby #1 was my fav.. Colby #2 was sweet but miscast.. and Colby #3 was just a bitch with a heart of gold. Colby in episode 2 of the week was more like Colby of old.

I remember Cady stating that the outgoing head-writers didn't have a good handle on the veterans characters due to never working on the show. I think they had a good handle on Dimitri/Opal... but they didn't have a great handle on Jesse/Angie/Brooke.. while Dixie/Colby were totally not acting like themselves... Episode 2 this week seemed to present Dixie and Colby as they were in the past (i.e. written more in character).

While the head-writers had great ideas and the pacing/execution was much better here then on DAYS, they had the problem of not knowing nor writing the characters in-character.. while the opposite was true on DAYS. I think Mcpherson should have been hired in the first place, but she should have been paired with Lisa Connor to start with... Mcpherson had some great ideas (I think the human trafficking story and fall-out was a Mcpherson idea... it resembles Jack's PTSD story and therapy sessions that were done on DAYS) but she needed a co-headwriter that knew the veteran characters inside and out. Still it appears that Mcpherson & Co were just starting to grasp the veterans just as they were fired. At least they set up some great springboard stories for the new writers to follow up on.

• Members

I think it goes a little deeper than that due to Billy Clyde's former obsession with Palmer's niece, Dixie. I think Billy Clyde believes he should emulate someone Dixie respected. Also, Palmer came from nothing and built himself an empire, which I think Billy Clyde believes he can do as well.

ICAM.

I'm also glad if the writers are tweaking Celia's past (and Jane's) to connect her to another character instead.

I agree with you that the setup for the gala has been fantastic. There should be some great showdowns, especially with David comforting Angie and hopefully Billy Clyde making his grand entrance to announce he owns Cortlandt Manor.

I'd also love for Erica to return soon and try to keep Dimitri away from Brooke (Erica & Adam plotting together would be great)!

I have to wonder what Colbys you're referring to. The one who crashed the yacht during her 16th birthday party was totally Paris Hilton, more so I'd say than the current one, who reminds me more of a young Erica. I think this incarnation of Colby is excellent because she is the same as she was a teen and she's just what you'd expect Liza & Adam's daughter to be!

• Members

Ugh. Not a fan of that spoiler at all. I do hope they're rewriting it because it makes no sense without some major retconning.

This Colby does seem very Paris Hilton, but she sort of harkens back to Ambyr Childers' Colby. Childers is a gorgeous woman, even more so now than she was on AMC. I wish they could have gotten her back as Colby, but she's moved on to bigger and better things.

And yes, I agree, any story involving Brooke and Dimitri just screams for Adam and Erica to scheme and plan something that inevitably blows up in their faces!

• Members

Colby #1 did have the Paris Hilton thing, but they also wrote more layers to her as well. I think the 2nd episode this week showcased Colby that resembled Colby #1.. then in the previous episodes. The previous episodes were showcasing Colby's Paris Hilton esque personality without any of the softer moments to balance it out. If the show continues what they were doing for Colby like in the last episode shown.. then Colby will work long-term.

Colby/Celia have been presented more as archtypes as opposed to actual characters thus far. Why is it that nice characters are always portrayed as stupid and sappy? I certainly don't know anyone that is sappy and insipid in real life. Nice characters can have a backbone, be funny, and be confident... why do soaps seem unwilling/unable to write that? I bet if the good characters were given more personality then viewers wouldn't gravitate or root for the bad characters.. jmho.

Archived