Rae Dawn Chong Calls Oprah a "Field N----r'

VirginiaHamilton

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I doubt Oprah really thought about her one way or another, after the movie was filmed, Oprah was gaining enough success where it's hard to believe that she was hating on anyone. Rae Dawn Chong has never been that successful, which probably the motivation for this. When Oprah did the reunion of the movie's cast, Chong was there, so Oprah was helping her out there, since television appearance are scarce for lower level actors.

• Members

+1! Rae Dawn Chong is a Z lister, and she is not the only black person to go after a successful black person because she can't find work! Is she doing any work to uplift young black people, BTW?

Oprah plays the game that needs to be played. Otherwise, she would not be worth over $2 billion!

STFU Rae and go find your played out ass father and see if you can do a reality show with him!

• Members

I'd think that:

a. being the daughter of a celebrity (even if it was Tommy Chong)

b. having that incognegro look that was (and still is) required to cross over back in her heyday

would've propelled her to the level of fame that her Hollywood descendant, Halle Berry, eventually rose to a decade or so afterwards.

• Members

She uses the move Commando in her argument?! Clueless heffa! Oprah was competing with her? Well, looks like O won that 2 billion times over!

75% of the world doesn't know anything about Commando and the remaining percentage only know that Arnold Swartzen... was in it.

Irrelevant and intoxicated? Bad combination!

• Members

Does anyone remember that awkward moment during the reunion show of "The Color Purple" when asked what her favorite line/part of the movie was Rae said it was calling Oprah's character "a big ol Heifer". And then Oprah responded that her favorite part was punching Rae's character in the face. That moment between them on the reunion show was a bit awkward.

I think that Rae is jealous of Oprah's success. I wonder why she didn't end up becoming a bigger star than she did. There was a window of opportunity in the 80's but she never really went anywhere after "The Color Purple" and "Commando". Also, I felt like her and Arnold's character had romantic vibes in the movie Commando, but I don't believe they ever kissed/really became romantic in the movie.

Archived