• Members

Another fantastic episode!

I have to say Celia wasn't half bad at all and she looked stunning all around. Her outfit was bangin'

I really hope Lea's days are numbered on this show

The last Jessie/Angie scene set it off! Their marriage is imploding and I love it. Great drama. Debbi Morgan is MVP!

Why is Alicia still in the credits? :wub: They need to stop playing with me.

HAHA!! biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved Opal / Colby / Pete scenes. The feud between Opal & Colby is definitely great. Brooke Newton is perfectly cast.

Also enjoyed Miranda / Bianca interaction and montage.

Debbi Morgan is just wow...

Miss Adam though. Where the hell is David Canary?

• Members

Episode 40

Im disgusted with Angie, trying to talk Cassandra into keeping the baby. Its Cassie's decision and considering the trauma and abuse she just went through, Angie should be more sympathetic and understanding as to what harm this child might bring to her. I know it may hurt as amother but she needs to take a big step back from this. Im glad she went to go see a shrink bc she needs it. Totally wasn't expecting that but it was good to bring some insight into Angie and was some good character driven set of scenes

Finally, the moment we've all been waiting for...Jessica's ass got arrested!

when she first said she found her in a dumpster, I thought huh? There was only one dumpster ho. Guess Cassie is the original

• Members

Episode 40:

As someone previously said, phenomenal episode!

I loved how they contrast Bianca/Miranda with Angie/Cassandra. Angie's reasoning for wanting Cassandra to possibly keep the baby was more complex than I'd expected. I thought it might be due to her religion, but I can understand why she doesn't want to inflict more trauma on her daughter if Cass ended up regretting the abortion and her hoping to find some light at the end of all the darkness. I also loved when Angie mentioned Todd Akin's ludicrous assertion that you can't get pregnant from rape, clearly showing that Agnes is back in charge of this show!

Speaking of light in the darkness, AJ & Miranda I thought were a welcome relief from the drama.

I'm glad Jesse was about to finally come clean with Angie before his arrest, even if it did take Dr Joe to convince him.

Episode 41:

First off, Sal Stowers (Cassandra) finally got her long-deserved day off!

Wow, Colby really piled on the sexual innuendo in her first scene with Celia! I loved Opal's putdowns of Colby and the 2 women arguing over Pete. I'm also still liking Pete & Celia so I was happy to see him admit she's the only girl he has feelings for her as Colby jealously watched.

I was hoping for more Brooke & Dimitri.

What makes Zach feel entitled to know what the FBI is doing again? He's not even a cop so I thought he was coming across as a major a-hole towards Lea, especially saying that she destroyed Jesse's life. No Zachass, Jesse did that all by himself and is now paying the price for his own actions!

Angie's reaction was perfect, as she recounted all the lies Jesse had told her in the past and how he never seems to learn from them.

• Members

Ep. 40

AMC directly addressing real life politics...PRAISE BLACK AGNES!

I liked the fact that Angie got some therapy. She needs it and it served the story by giving us her viewpoint without making us watch her inflict it on Cassandra. That would've been tough for me to stomach. When Angie told Cass that her stress was bad for the baby, I thought, "So is heroin, Angie. You know, that stuff your daughter's rapist pumped into her veins?" All that said, I'm now going to commit blasphemy and say I need this to be the end of weeping, wailing Angie. Debbi is tearing these scenes up but I'm ready for both Angie and Cass to shift to another stage of dealing with this. Cass is thankfully past the physical part of her withdrawal so we're getting some insight into her feelings. I'm ready for more pissed off Angie.

I'm really appreciating that they are letting Cass say how much she hates this "thing" growing inside her. AMC is filled with children of rape who turned out to be big happy "blessings" it's time to acknowledge the opposite.

I like the fact that Jesse is finally owning some of the things he did wrong re: Zach/Uri. If this was ABC we'd have had to suffer through WEEKS of furtive looks and suspicious glances with Jesse insisting he did the right thing. The ABC model of the hero never let men take responsibility for screwing up. Be it Ryan or Zach or Jesse with the Ellie/Lucy mess, bad behavior is always excused because he had a "good reason" and the perpetrator of that behavior never truly owns up to it. Jesse knows he fucked up his job and he's owning it. Let's see if he does the same with his marriage. I also liked that they had Jesse trying to reach Tad before confessing to Joe. Of course Jesse would reach out for his friend.

• Members

Jesse is busted, big time. Zach sure was forgiving, but Angie doesn't seem ready to do so.

I loved that Angie made a reference to Todd Akin. I think those comments were talked about enough for most of the audience to get the reference.

So much foreshadowing about Miranda finding out the truth about her father.

Didn't care for Celia and Pete before, but they are starting to grow on me.

• Members

I agree with the comments about not letting us see the conversation between Miranda and Binks. As much as I appreciate the faster pace of these shows, it's not helpful when we lose these important beats. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that once the hiatus is over and we're past all these BTS shake ups, the shows will become more cohesive. We've got some really solid stories to be told and generally good actors to tell them, now let's get the production stuff settled.

Also, even though this may get me thrown out of the PP cult tongue.png , I hate, hate, HATE having two shows that drop on Monday. I liked having new episodes to look forward to throughout the week. I've tried spacing them out and I've tried watching both as an hour show and it just sucks for me either way. I'm not trying to be one of the Facebook "it shuld be bak on TV" folks but I just really don't like this broadcast model.

• Members

I'm with you- I get why they might have done it- good way to make it more likely that both eps get watched. But it sucks to watch both and have nothing and its hard to space out when you know the other ep is there. Watching both shows helps some but I've always watched both. I don't think there's anything wrong with wishing for more shows- most of us probably do--and its not the same as the FB people demanding for 5 hour long shows "on tv for free" who don't seem to understand that this is a business venture

• Members

I think most fans are probably getting tired of Angie's crying/histronics, etc. by now.

Many fans came back to the show to see Angie and Jesse and were happy that Darnell and Debbi were the first to sign on to the reboot. Fans growing tired of Angie's tears and Jesse's behavior. What will all these flipout changes will do to fans who were so looking forward to the return of Angie and Jesse?

I love my Jesse. I love my Angie. I love Angie and Jesse since Day 1. As a dedicated and loyal Darnell and Debbi supporter I will watch the show.

I think that it should be Cassandra's decision on her pregnancy and not Angie. Cassandra is a grown up adult and needs to be able to make decisions all on her own without her meddling mother trying to influence her. Let Cass grow up. She is what, 25 years old at least.

I am ready for more focus on the David/Cara/baby storyline and for others who have been backburned. Time to give the Hubbard family a little break here and there. and that would be ok with me (for a few minutes only).

• Members

Those Bianca/Miranda flashbacks were so powerful. That storyline and era really resonnated with me as a viewer. AMC was at a high between the rape, the Cambias murder trial, the baby switerand Erica's addiction. The "bow" at the end of that era for me has to have been Erica and Jackson's wedding. It was after that that all the potential and momentum MMT had made over the last 2 years (03 - 05) was lost in the gutter.

The question that this begs to me is how much does Miranda know, if any about her early childhood. I understand keeping the rap ea secret. But what about the babyswitch? Does AJ know about how he was once kidnapped? That JR and Babe raised Miranda as their own for tenure? How can/ will this effect their friendship. The two are so close because they endured this hardships together, since their day of birth. But will the truth about this closeness tear them apart?

This is the storyline that I cannot wait to see unfold. I should only hope that Eden, Alicia, Susan, Walt, and MEK are around to be part of it since they were the major players. .

Archived