Days: Actress Returns!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

HOLY CRAP!!

I love this but where the hell did this come from?

Days is really bringing people back from the 80's period. First Wayne and Billy and now this. I can only hope they make some other cast cuts of useless characters and bring back Anna too :D .

I wonder how they will explain why she is here and where she has been and such.

• Members

Arleen Sorkin reprises her role as Calliope Jones beginning Friday, February 24, 2006. Sorkin portrayed Calliope from June 1984 until September 10, 1990. She was most notably paired on-screen with John deLancie, who portrayed her husband, Eugene Bradford, for much of that run. She returned briefly in 1992, with Calliope being a talk show host at the time. Her last appearance before this was on Monday, October 26, 1992 (episode # 6884). Her return on February 24 will be episode # 10258. A total of 3,374 episodes have aired since her last appearance. This time around, Calliope is a wedding planner, and will be helping with both Alex and Marlena's renewal ceremony, as well as Shawn and Mimi's upcoming wedding. Sorkin is currently producing the off-Broadway play “RFK” and has written a book "My Bad", which chronicles the public apologies of the rich and infamous (Bill Clinton, Hugh Grant, Janet Jackson). The book will be released on May 2. Since leaving "Days" in 1992, Sorkin has quit acting on-screen, instead focusing on voiceover work for such animated series as "Batman", "Superman" and "Justice League." In fact, her only appearance on-screen since leaving Days in 1992 was on the series finale of "Frasier" in 2004. The reason for that appearance was that Sorkin is married to one of "Frasier's" executive producers, Christopher Lloyd (not the actor of the same name). Sorkin also works behind the scenes, and wrote the 1997 feature film "Picture Perfect", which starred Jennifer Aniston. Sorkin was born in Washington, DC. Her birthday is October 14, 1955. http://members.aol.com/jason47b

• Members

I bet it's just short-term too, but I can't wait to see the very funny Arleen Sorkin back as Calliope. I wish John de Lancie would return as Eugene Bradford as well.

I too want LeAnn Hunley back as Anna DiMera. Maybe Roman & Anna could get back together.

Hey DAYS axe Rachel Melvin(Chelsea) & Julie Pinson(Billie) and then you could have the money for Hunley.

• Members

Yes this is exciting. I wonder how long her stay will be and if we will get any other returns like this. This remidns me alot of when Larry Welch returned in 2002. It was so random and surprising and I hope it is done real well. I just want to know how they are gonna explain Eugene not being there, where she has been, etc.

It is so great that Days is raiding the 80's. First, Wayne and Billy now Arleen. Hopefully soon we get Hunley, Nicols, Evans and more 80's greats. They got to cut the cast first, however.

Archived