Days: Actress Returns!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for those dates, Jason.

And yeah, hopefully she will come back for more. Personally, I'd love to see her on a recurring basis as a friend to Marlena. She needs a female friend now that Kate has boinked John.

But it sucks it's only for four episodes.

• Members

If writers had not ruined the character of Laura back in the early 80's, Marlena would have had a great friend. They were so close and Laura was such a strong lady before they made her go insane. Of course she was the best when played by Susan Flannery. Too bad we just don't have that many strong female friendships that go back that many years on soaps anymore. I can only think of Kim and Lisa on ATWT & Erica and Opal on AMC but theirs doesn't go back that many years. All of Vicki's long time female friends on OLTL are always written off.

Laura and Marlena would have just been good to have kept their friendship up.

• Members

Marlena already has a friend in Maggie. I think that's one reason the ruination of her friendship with Laura didn't bother me as much -- though the 90's seem to build a bridge over those waters, too. That said, I've loved having Calliope around and wonder if she doesn't have some kind of coinciding influence over the soon to return memory of Marlena.

• Members

ITA, Marlena needs a good gal pal. Marlena could easily have befriended Julie or Maggie. It seems like the character of Marlena, and don't get me wrong I'm a Marlena fan, is written as the woman all men in Salem ages 55-60 years old fall in love with.

• Members

For a while now, DAYS has had a serious lack of both male and female friendships. Now, we do have Hope and Jennifer, Frankie and Jack, Roman/John/Abe, and Abby/Chelsea, but everyone else it seems are at each other's throats. Shelle and Mimi are estranged, Sami has no friends because she's pissed off the whole town just about, and the other dudes are related and/or fighting. Bo and Patrick could have had a solid friendship, but the show made them enemies instead.

You can't have a show where practically all the characters are mad at each other. It also doesn't help that DAYS has made everyone related by blood or marriage. This is why characters not connected to the Bradys, Hortons, or Reeds is necessary. We've got Abe, Lexie, and Tek, but they aren't being used to their full potential. The Lockhearts need to be strengthened as a family. Mimi and Patrick don't share enough scenes. Bonnie is shown only when she's scheming for her kids or against someone.

If the show wants to really strengthen it's traditionial ties, they've got to have some good friendships.

Archived